ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FG Issues Statement On Bet9ja Website Hack, Sends Message To Bettors

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 8, 2022
in Headline, Sports
0
Bet9ja Website Hack

Bet9ja Website Hack

FG has issued a statement on the Bet9ja website hack, assuring bettors in the process.

 

 

Newsonline had reported earlier that Nigerian Betting Company, Bet9ja has been hacked by the Russian Blackcat Group, a statement issued by the popular betting company said on Thursday, April 7, 2022.

 

What Happened To Bet9ja? Is Bet9ja Hacked?

 

This online news platform understands that the Bet9ja website hack was confirmed by the company, who noted that the entire Bet9ja system has been under attack by the Russian Blackcat group which is famous for hacking big companies in the world.

 

Bet9ja Website Hack: Latest Bet9ja News

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the hackers according to a statement issued by Bet9ja on Thursday,  April 7, 2022, are reportedly asking for a Ransom but they never accepted their condition.

 

The company stated that their IT team was working tirelessly to restore normal services of the Bet9ja website and further assured customers that their funds are safe despite Bet9ja website hacked trending.

 

What is Bet9ja saying about Bet9ja website hack?

 

The statement reads thus; “It is important to keep you all updated on the actual position of things as it has been very challenging in the last 24 hours. We have seen some posts in different groups that we are carrying out a maintenance, that is obviously not the case. We will not choose an important UCL day to do such.

“The entire Bet9ja system has been under attack by the Russian Blackcat group who are famous for several attacks to huge companies in the world. It is a huge hacker attack by this Russian group but our people are working from yesterday without stopping for a minute to restore all the services but it is not easy.”
“The company told their esteemed customers to remain calm as everything will be under control.

“Please do not be discouraged, we will surely restore things as soon as possible and provide update on the progress.

“They are asking for ransom already but we will never accept their conditions. it is important to let you know this so that we are all on the same page. They have hit us hard but of course they cannot kill us. We will stand our ground and come back even much more stronger,” the statement read.

FG Issues Statement On Bet9ja Website Hack, Sends Message To Bettors

FG reacts to what happened to Bet9ja

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the cyber-attacks on one of the leading sports betting operators, Bet9ja.

 

This online news platform understands that FG’s reaction to what happened to bet9ja website was contained in a statement issued by the management of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, NLRC in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.

 

In the statement, the Federal Government through the NLRC assured that it was working with Bet9ja to ensure that no one suffers any loss due to the hacking of the website by the Russian Blackcat Group.

 

The statement read thus; “The management of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission is using this medium to inform the general public that it is aware that KC Gaming Networks Limited (Bet9ja), one of the leading Sports Betting operators in Nigeria, recently suffered cyber-attacks on its
operations.

 

“As the apex regulator of lotteries and gaming in Nigeria, we entirely condemn such a nefarious act that has adversely affected the company’s operations, howbeit temporarily.

 

“Furthermore, the NLRC is not unmindful of the challenges posed by this ugly situation to the Nigerian gaming public.

 

“However, we gladly state that Bet9ja is already on top of the matter, and normalcy will return to their business operations.

“Therefore, the gaming public should rest assured that the commission is working with Bet9ja to ensure that no one suffers any loss due to this situation.

“Consequently, we entreat your patience and understanding while the company restores its normal operations soon.”

Previous Post

Meet Cornel Osigwe, The Doyen Of Public Relations Who Transformed The IVM Into A Global Brand

Next Post

BREAKING: Popular Gospel Artiste, Osinachi Nwachukwu Is Dead

Next Post
Peter Nwachukwu

BREAKING: Popular Gospel Artiste, Osinachi Nwachukwu Is Dead

Trending Stories

Bet9ja Website Hack

FG Issues Statement On Bet9ja Website Hack, Sends Message To Bettors

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria