ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

Manufacturers Kick Against Planned Electricity Tariff Hike

It further warned that if urgent steps were not taken to halt the proposed tariff hike, it would have a negative effect on the country’s economy.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
June 26, 2023
in Economy And Business, Top Stories
0
Manufacturers

Manufacturers have kicked against the planned electricity tariff hike by President Tinubu Government.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, MAN, on Monday, warned against the negative consequences of the proposed increase in tariff by DisCos.

 

It further warned that if urgent steps were not taken to halt the proposed tariff hike, it would have a negative effect on the country’s economy.

 

This Nigeria News platform understands that the distribution company of Nigeria has planned an increased tariff with effect from July 1, 2023.

 

However, in a statement by the Director General of MAN, Mr. Segun Ajayi-Kadir, he said manufacturers spent at least N144.5bn on sourcing alternative energy in 2022, up from N77.22bn in 2021, which translates to about 87% increase in the cost of access to alternative energy sources by manufacturers within a year.

 

According to the statement, in the last 8years, electricity tariff has been increased by 186% and affirmed that the fact that the government itself owed N75 billion in unpaid electricity bills was indicative of how burdensome the cost of electricity had become.

 

It said the absence of stable, effective and fairly priced electricity supply in Nigeria had been a long-standing challenge for manufacturers, adding that the worrisome development had compelled many manufacturing industries to supplement the unreliable electricity supply with alternative energy sources.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

National Assembly Holiday Delays Confirmation Of Service Chiefs

Next Post

Former Governor Wike Terrorized Us For Eight Years – Rivers APC

Next Post
FCT Minister Wike

Former Governor Wike Terrorized Us For Eight Years – Rivers APC

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Manufacturers

Manufacturers Kick Against Planned Electricity Tariff Hike

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria