ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

Providus Bank Customers Threaten Mass Exit Over Alleged Unauthorised Card Transactions

the customers of Providus Bank have threatened to close their accounts and move their funds to other financial institutions following allegations of unauthorised access to their debit and payment cards.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
July 11, 2026
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Providus Bank Customers

Providus Bank customers has threatened mass exit over alleged unauthorised card transactions.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the customers of Providus Bank have threatened to close their accounts and move their funds to other financial institutions following allegations of unauthorised access to their debit and payment cards.

The growing dissatisfaction comes amid the bank’s continued silence over complaints by customers who claim millions of naira were fraudulently withdrawn from their accounts through unauthorised card transactions.

According to Daily Post, which first reported the development, affected customers have been demanding explanations from the bank since last week after noticing suspicious transactions on their accounts.

ALSO: Dangote Refinery Exports N757bn Worth of Jet Fuel to Europe in June, Surpasses US Shipments

 

Further efforts to obtain the bank’s reaction by newsmen was unsuccessful. TheDaily Post report disclosed that Providus Bank’s Head of Corporate Communications, Dafe Ivwurie, had promised to respond to inquiries on July 3 but had yet to issue any official statement more than a week later.

Similarly, the Head of Legal, Enforcement and Regulations at the Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC), Babatunde Bamigboye, was also said not to have responded to inquiries on the incident.

Reacting to the controversy, President of the Bank Customers Association of Nigeria (BCAN), Dr. Uju Ogunbunka, criticised the bank’s handling of the situation, describing it as unacceptable for customers to bear the consequences of any security lapses.

He urged Providus Bank to immediately investigate the alleged breach, identify its source and implement measures to prevent future occurrences.

Ogunbunka also advised affected customers not to hesitate to escalate their complaints to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) if they are dissatisfied with the bank’s response, adding that they are free to take their business elsewhere.

“Providus needs to find out what really happened and then take the necessary actions to close the gap. There is no need to play hide-and-seek with customers. Customers can exit the bank because there is a serious issue involving unauthorised card transactions.

“Customers should either exit the bank or take up the issue with the Central Bank of Nigeria. And if Providus is not doing anything positive to address the challenge, they should escalate it to the regulatory authorities,” Ogunbunka told Daily Post.

The latest development has further heightened concerns over cybersecurity in Nigeria’s banking industry, coming months after reports that hackers compromised the systems of several financial institutions in Nigeria.

As of the time of filing this report, Providus Bank had not issued an official response to the allegations, while affected customers continue to demand clarity over the reported unauthorised transactions and the safety of their deposits.

Previous Post

Nothing Is Permanent: When Time Calls, No One Can Resist By Festus Edovia

Next Post

BREAKING: Kwankwaso Supports Tinubu’s Retention of VP Shettima For 2027 Election

Next Post
VP Shettima

BREAKING: Kwankwaso Supports Tinubu's Retention of VP Shettima For 2027 Election

Trending Stories

Providus Bank Customers

Providus Bank Customers Threaten Mass Exit Over Alleged Unauthorised Card Transactions

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria