ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, August 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FG Speaks On Refusing To Evacuate Igbos In Sudan

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 3, 2023
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Igbos In Sudan

FG has cleared the air on allegedly refusing to evacuate Igbos in Sudan.

 

NewsOnline reports that the Federal Government has debunked claims that the Nigerian Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, refused to evacuate Igbo residents in Sudan.

 

A Nigerian in a viral video had alleged that Igbos were asked to alight from the flight for Nigerians of other extraction to enter the plane for evacuation.

 

ALSO: Presidential Election Tribunal Begins Hearing Of Petitions Monday

 

But the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs. Francisca Omayuli said it has investigated the allegation and the report was false.

 

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

 

She said they are presently awaiting their eventual return to Nigeria.

Omayuli noted that although there were scuffles between the students and other Nigerian residents due to the limited number of buses, the issue had been resolved.

 

“More buses were made available to accommodate every Nigerian national in Sudan who indicated interest to be evacuated.

 

“It is, therefore, surprising that such a misleading allegation could be leveled against officials of the Embassy who had worked tirelessly on the evacuation exercise,” she added.

Previous Post

Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines, Naija News For Wednesday, 3rd May 2023

Next Post

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Next Post
BVN Watch List

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Trending Stories

Igbos In Sudan

FG Speaks On Refusing To Evacuate Igbos In Sudan

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Latest Stories

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

UK

UK Warns Citizens Against Travel to Abuja, 30 Nigerian States (FULL LIST)

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Atiku

“How I Saved Obasanjo From Alleged Death Plot in Prison” – Atiku

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria