ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FG Speaks On Refusing To Evacuate Igbos In Sudan

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 3, 2023
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Igbos In Sudan

FG has cleared the air on allegedly refusing to evacuate Igbos in Sudan.

 

NewsOnline reports that the Federal Government has debunked claims that the Nigerian Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, refused to evacuate Igbo residents in Sudan.

 

A Nigerian in a viral video had alleged that Igbos were asked to alight from the flight for Nigerians of other extraction to enter the plane for evacuation.

 

ALSO: Presidential Election Tribunal Begins Hearing Of Petitions Monday

 

But the Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mrs. Francisca Omayuli said it has investigated the allegation and the report was false.

 

Omayuli urged the general public to disregard the allegation, adding that Igbos were among the first batch of 637 Nigerians evacuated to Aswan Border, Egypt.

 

She said they are presently awaiting their eventual return to Nigeria.

Omayuli noted that although there were scuffles between the students and other Nigerian residents due to the limited number of buses, the issue had been resolved.

 

“More buses were made available to accommodate every Nigerian national in Sudan who indicated interest to be evacuated.

 

“It is, therefore, surprising that such a misleading allegation could be leveled against officials of the Embassy who had worked tirelessly on the evacuation exercise,” she added.

Previous Post

Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines, Naija News For Wednesday, 3rd May 2023

Next Post

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Next Post
BVN Watch List

CBN Places 7,552 Account Holders On BVN Watch List

Trending Stories

Igbos In Sudan

FG Speaks On Refusing To Evacuate Igbos In Sudan

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

JAMB Past Questions

Download JAMB Past Questions & Answers PDF From 1983 Till Date [All Subjects]

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

Oreofeoluwa Lawal Babalola Biography

Oreofeoluwa Lawal Babalola Biography, The Viral ‘Mummy Calm Down’ Boy

José Mourinho

José Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid, Signs Three-Year Contract Until 2029

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

Latest Stories

Osasikemwen Ighile

Five Practical Holiday Saving Habits for Nigerian Households By Osasikemwen Ighile

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

José Mourinho

José Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid, Signs Three-Year Contract Until 2029

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

OMO Market

CBN Reopens OMO Market to Nigerians: Will 20% Yields Draw Investors Away From NGX?

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

2026 Osun Governorship Election

How Adeleke Defeated APC Federal Might to Win 2026 Osun Governorship Election

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria