Nigerians will return to polls today to elect State Governors and Assembly Representatives, follow the Live Updates thread here.
NewsOnline reports that after a one-week shift, all is set for the governorship and state assembly elections across Nigeria.
Electoral office INEC across the 36 states began the distribution of sensitive and nonsensitive election materials on Wednesday, this exercise has continued till this morning when polling units are expected to open by 8:00 a.m.
Elections into states House of Assembly will be held in the states of the federation but only in 28 states would governorship election hold.
NewsOnline Nigeria will provide nationwide proceedings of the state elections via this thread, keep refreshing page.
- PU 052, Ward 2, Abule, Ogunrun Eletu in Mowe, Obafemi/Owode LGA in Ogun. There was no voter at the PU as at 9:50 a.m.
- PU 052, Ward 2, Abule, Ogunrun Eletu in Mowe, Ofada/Owode LGA in Ogun. There was no voter at the PU as at 9:50 a.m.“Meanwhile, I was harassed by political thugs who said I didn’t have the right to take pictures without taking permission from them,” said Peoples Gazette reporter in Ogun.
10.00 a.m.: At the PU 085, Ward 03, Alausa. The polling unit of the President-elect Bola Tinubu. Accreditation and voting have started. No sign of Bola Tinubu yet.
Governor Yahaya Bello has voted at his polling unit in Agassa, Okene Local Government Area of Kogi State.”So far, so good. The turnout is massive,” Mr Bello said.
- 9:50 a.m.: Eghoma Primary School Ward 2 Unit 17. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has just voted.
At about 9:52 a.m., PU 042, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA. Voters are ‘assisted’ by APC party agent. Residents complained they are voting under intimidation.
- “Well when I got there, the party agents were ‘assisting’ voters. Those who don’t want to be ‘assisted’ are chased away while the security operatives look away. At the moment, the agent’s political party is unknown,” a reporter from Peoples Gazette explained the situation at PU 100, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA.
- 9:45 a.m.: Voting in progress at Gwadabawa PU 006, 031, 030 in Yola North.
At about 9:40 a.m., PU 100, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA. Voting process has commenced. The lady in black top is a party agent. Party agents chasing people away from the polling unit.
9:37 a.m.: Eghoma Primary School Ward 2 PU 17. Voting already started, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa yet to arrive.
Vote buying and intimidation of voters here in Owa Alero. This lady here, Benice, confirmed that her sister was beaten by thugs because she voted for the candidate of her choice in Eghoma Ward 2 PU 17 in Delta.
Location: Unit 19 Orogun ward 2, Orhomuru, Ughelli North LGA
Time: 9:32 a.m.
Update: This is the polling unit of Ovie Omo-Agege, deputy Senate president and governorship candidate of the APC.
INEC is all set. However, voting has not commenced.
At about 9:27 a.m., PU 089, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA, a voter showing his ballot papers to agents. Party agent then took a picture.
- 9:17 a.m.: Voting is ongoing at Karewa voting centre in Yola. A good turnout of voters, especially women. Yola North PUs 11, 12, 13
At about 9:25 a.m., PU039/89, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA, heavy security presence at MC Oluomo polling unit.
At about 9:19 a.m., PU 039, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA. Voters are in the queue ready to vote. This is Musiliu ‘MC Oluomo’ Akinsanya polling unit.
- 9:17 a.m.: Voting is ongoing at Karewa voting centre in Yola. A good turnout of voters, especially women.
At about 09:15 a.m., PU 044, Orile-Oshodi, Oshodi-Isolo LGA. Voting has commenced and security operatives are on the ground.
9:11 a.m.: PU 0069, Orile-Oshodi ward, Oshodi-Isolo LGA. INEC officials on ground waiting for voters. Low voters turn out feared in many parts of Lagos
9:05 a.m.: PU 054, Adebowale, Ojodu. Voters yet to arrive at the polling unit. INEC officials are already on the ground. They have set up the voting booth, waiting for voters.
8:54 a.m.: PU 06, Iwo ward in Ogun. INEC officials addressing would-be voters ahead of voting.
8:40 a.m.: Polling Unit 01, Ward 11, Abayomi area, Iwo Road, in Ibadan North-East LGA.
Voting has commenced at Seyi Makinde’s polling unit with priority given to older citizens, people with disabilities and pregnant women.
8:04 a.m.: The road leading to Owa Alero remains blocked by heavily-armed military men. Would-be voters and other security operatives are not allowed to pass through.
7:50 a.m.: Polling Unit 01, Ward 11, Abayomi area, Iwo Road, in Ibadan North-East LGA.
INEC officials and security personnel have arrived at Governor Seyi Makinde’s polling unit.
7:45 a.m.: “On my way to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s polling unit and almost entering Owa Alero, a batch of military operatives blocked the road, restricting movement. Even the police and EFCC personnel are not allowed to pass,” Peoples Gazette in Delta reports.
7:41 a.m. Polling Unit 01, Ward 11, Abayomi area, Iwo Road, in Ibadan North-East LGA.
Woman ready to vote at Governor Seyi Makinde’s polling unit. But INEC officials yet to arrive.
7:09 a.m.: Polling Unit 01, Ward 11, Abayomi area, Iwo Road, in Ibadan North-East LGA.
INEC officials and security personnel yet to arrive at Governor Seyi Makinde’s polling unit.