Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Thursday, March 17, 2022, below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has fixed N40 million for the nomination form of its presidential aspirants. While the expression of interest form is put at N5m, the nomination form is put at N35m.
2. The Governor Mai Mala Buni-led All Progressives Congress (APC) has cancelled the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting slated for Thursday. Senator John James Akpanudoedehe, Secretary of the Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, announced this in a statement issued on Wednesday night.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has written a letter to governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying removing Governor Mai Mala Buni as Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) could lead to the implosion of the party.
4. The National Leader of APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has appealed to the party’s senators to support his presidential ambition. Tinubu made the appeal on Wednesday during a meeting with APC senators at the National Assembly, Abuja. The former Lagos State governor asked the lawmakers to back his ambition based on his capacity and experience.
5. The Federal Government says it is weighing its options on the Senate’s refusal to consider the request of President Muhammadu Buhari to delete section 84 (12) of the Electoral Act, 2022. Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami said the government was poised to explore all options available, including going to court concerning the Act.
6. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission on Wednesday declared that subsidy on power amounting to about N600bn during some period had now been stopped by the Federal Government.
7. Gunmen, yesterday, killed two officers of the Nigeria Prisons in Imo State. It was gathered that the gunmen, who laid an ambush, launched the attack on the Okigwe town of the State. Speaking at a press briefing in Abuja on the challenges in the power sector and other issues, the Chairman, NERC, Sanusi Garba, stated that subsidy on electricity was a policy issue of the Federal Government that had to be halted.
8. The All Progressives Congress, APC, has put a final touch to the list of its sub-committees ahead of its national convention slated for March 26, 2022. In a statement signed by the Director of Organisation of the Party, Prof. Al-Mustapha Ussiju Medaner, the final list of sub-committees for the APC national convention has now been released.
9. Academic activities have been brought to a halt at Ohoror Secondary School, Ohoror, in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State, as staff and students were forced to flee the school following the attack on the school by suspected herdsmen.
10. Outgoing governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, Wednesday, formally handed over official government documents to the incoming governor, Professor Charles Soludo at the Government House, Awka.