Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Friday, March 18, 2022, below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The immediate past Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, has been picked up by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). Obiano was apprehended at the Lagos International Airport, only hours after he handed over to the new Governor of the State, Chukwuma Soludo.
2. Barely 24 hours after the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) opened the sale of nomination and expression of interest form for the 2023 general elections, the North East Business Forum has purchased the form for former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.
3. Drama ensued yesterday at the inauguration of Prof. Chukwuma Soludo as the sixth Governor of Anambra State when the wife of outgoing Gov. Willie Obiano, Ebelechukwu and Mrs Bianca Ojukwu engaged in a physical combat. The incident occurred immediately after Soludo took his oath of office at the government house.
4. Members of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee have passed a vote of no confidence on Secretary of the Committee, Senator James Akpanudoedehe. Senator Akpanudoedehe is embroiled in a conflict of interest ahead of the party’s national convention slated for next week Saturday.
5. An American cybercrime expert, Gary Warner, yesterday said that some scammers are behind the viral report of a notorious Nigerian fraudster, Ramon Abbas, aka Hushpuppi, laundering $400,000 while inside a prison in the United States.
6. Following the Russia-Ukraine war, the FG, on Thursday, said it was working on a new trade policy with nations under the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, USSR, with whom it shares important mutual trade relations. The government also said it has perfected plans to commence twenty-four hour port operations in order to resolve the challenge of congestion in Lagos ports.
7. A member of the Ogun House of Assembly, Mr Sola Adams, has cried out over invasion of farmlands by elephants which also injured a farmer at Itashin in Ijebu East Local Government Area of the State. Adams, who spoke during plenary in Abeokuta, noted that the recent incident where elephants attacked villagers in his constituency remained worrisome.
8. The Middle Belt Movement for Justice and Peace, MBMJP, has urged the Federal Government to quickly resolve its dispute with the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, warning that the masses might be forced to join the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, in its scheduled March 28, 2022, nationwide protest.
9. The Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo, on Thursday, told members of the IPOB, the ESN and the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra, that Igboland cannot achieve desired development by violence and killings. The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria stated this during his inaugural address at the Government House, Agu-Awka, Awka, the State capital, on Thursday.
10. The Anambra State Police Command, on Thursday, said it saw no need to arrest wife of former Governor of Anambra State, Ebelechukwu Obiano and widow of the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Bianca, for breach of public peace. The Command spokesman, Ikenga Tochukwu, made this known in an interview yesterday.