Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Tuesday, 26 April 2022, below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The usual sit-at-home in the Eastern States, took a different slant yesterday, as armed policemen stormed the State Headquarters of Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, shooting sporadically. Some residents of Okigwe Road and Works Layout, who spoke to reporters last night, said that they have scampered into the safety of their rooms.
2. Billionaire, Elon Musk, yesterday reached an agreement with Twitter to buy the social medium for approximately $44 billion. The company confirmed that Musk acquired Twitter at $54.20 a share, the same price named in his initial offer on April 14.
3. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Monday, announced the arrest of a Nigerian “billionaire drug baron” linked to the embattled DCP Abba Kyari. The suspect is Chief Afam Mallinson Emmanuel Ukatu, Chairman of Mallinson Group.
4. Some intending pilgrims in Lagos, on Monday, stormed the Alausa Government House to protest the 100 percent increase in the cost of 2022 Hajj fare. The pilgrims said they had already made payment for the 2020 Hajj since 2019, which did not hold because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. There was a mass burial for the charred remains of the victims of the illegal refinery fire in Imo State on Monday. This is as the death toll has risen to 110. The head of operations, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr Ifeanyi Nnaji, said the latest addition was a pregnant woman whose belly bust, exposing the foetus.
6. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, on Monday, said it would be an injustice if he did not contest the 2023 election with his vast experience in the last seven years in office. Osinbajo said this when he visited Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State in his office in Akure.
7. As the race towards the 2023 General Elections continues to gather momentum, posters of former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan have flooded some cities in Northern Nigeria. This has equally sparked reactions on social media, with some expressing excitement about the possibility of his re-election in 2023.
8. The 10-year-old girl at the centre of the sex video scandal that trailed the trip of some students of Chrisland Schools, Lagos to Dubai, UAE, has taken to the social media to apologize for her actions. The girl, whose identity cannot be disclosed because she is a minor, posted on her Likee App: “I made a mistake, now I’m living with the consequences. I regret it, I really do. And I’m sorry.”
9. The Governor of Rivers State and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Nyesom Wike, yesterday, donated N200m to victims of banditry and violent clashes in Kaduna State. Wike, who was in Kaduna as part of his campaign ahead of the party’s primaries, pleaded with the delegates to rally round him and give him 80 per cent of their votes.
10. There are strong indications that the All Progressives Congress may disqualify political appointees contesting the 2023 elections who have not resigned their appointments. It was learnt that the party would not risk being disqualified by fielding political appointees in contravention of Section 84 (12) of the Electoral Act.