Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Saturday 4 June 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A Federal High Court sitting in Kano has ruled that statutory delegates are constitutionally qualified to participate in all meetings, congresses and conventions of any registered political party in Nigeria. This is coming a few days before the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential primary election.
2. Ahead of the presidential primary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) scheduled to hold between June 6th and 8th, the ruling party has disqualified 10 presidential aspirants. Chairman of the Presidential Screening Committee and the former National Chairman of APC, Chief John Oyegun made this known yesterday.
3. A former governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, has claimed President Muhammadu Buhari will endorse the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, if at all he wants to pick a preferred candidate. He stated this in an interview yesterday.
4. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress has alleged that some of his opponents want President Muhammadu Buhari to work against him at the ruling party’s primary. Tinubu said this while reacting to the backlash that trailed his speech to the party’s delegates in Abeokuta.
5. Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Aspirants Screening Committee, says the ruling party cares for the young. Oyegun said this on Friday when he presented the result of the screening committee to Senator Abdullahi Adamu, National Chairman of the party.
6. The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has disclosed that the first set of Nigerians to proceed to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the 2022 hajj would commence on June 9. Chairman of NAHCON, Zikirullah Hassan said this yesterday.
7. Chief John Odigie-Oyegun has advised the All Progressives Congress, APC, to consider the North and South Presidency discourse in arriving at a decision concerning its presidential candidate. Odigie-Oyegun, the former National Chairman of the APC, made the plea on Friday.
8. A Federal Capital Territory High Court, on Friday, ordered that Peter Nwachukwu, husband of the late gospel singer, Osinachi, be remanded in Kuje Correctional Centre. Nwachukwu was remanded pending the hearing and determination of the alleged homicide charge filed against him by the Attorney -General of the Federation.
9. Unknown gunmen, Thursday, allegedly killed two police personnel guarding Royal Mass Transit Workshop at Mkpamte, Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State. It was learnt that the gunmen dispossessed the deceased policemen of their guns before leaving the scene.
10. The Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party will on Monday meet with the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, over the selection of his running mate and strategy for winning the February 25, 2023, presidential election.