Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Friday 10 June 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Mr. Jude Ezenwafor, the factional presidential candidate of the Labour Party, yesterday, announced his withdrawal from the contest. This was contained in a letter he conveyed to the national leadership of his faction of the party.
2. After what seemed like a little delay, the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has congratulated former Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu on his victory at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary election. Osinbajo also congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari and leaders of the APC for a successful special convention.
3. Suspected attackers of the St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, have been reportedly arrested. A trending video shows a crowd protesting within the palace of the Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Ogunoye.
4. The Nigerian government has announced Monday June 13 as a public holiday to mark the 2022 Democracy Day. Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, congratulated Nigerians on the occasion which commemorates the annulled June 12, 1993, presidential election.
5. Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested 140 suspected Yahoo boys. The suspects were nabbed in separate sting operations at popular hotels, Lakers Lounge Hotel and Bar and De Butlers, in Ikorodu, Lagos State, following credible intelligence on their involvement in internet-related fraud.
6. At least 11 northern governors met with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja on Thursday. The meeting was held amid the search for Tinubu’s running mate in the 2023 presidential election.
7. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has asked the presidential and governorship candidates of the 18 registered political parties to pick and submit the lists of their running mates in the next eight days.
8. The Federal Government has linked the fighters of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the attack on a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo State. The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this, Thursday, while briefing State House reporters after a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
9. Gunmen have killed six men of northern extraction in the Sabo area of Ondo town in Ondo State. The victims were buried yesterday while one of the victims who survived the attack was still receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital in the State.
10. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress APC, Ahmed Bola Tinubu paid a surprise visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at his Abuja residence on Thursday night.