José Mourinho has returned to Real Madrid and signed three-year contract until 2029.
NewsOnline Nigeria reports that José Mourinho has been officially presented as Real Madrid’s head coach, marking his return to the Spanish giants 13 years after ending his first spell at the club.
The Portuguese manager was unveiled on Tuesday during a private ceremony in the boardroom of Ciudad Real Madrid.
ALSO: Why NFF President Ibrahim Gusau Should Not Be Blamed for Nigeria’s Failure at Tournaments
Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez welcomed Mourinho before the 63-year-old signed a three-year contract that will keep him at the club until June 30, 2029.
Following the signing, Mourinho received a replica of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, a commemorative watch and a Real Madrid jersey bearing his name. The club’s honorary president, José Martínez Pirri, also attended the ceremony. Real Madrid confirmed the presentation on its official website.
Mourinho previously managed Real Madrid from 2010 to 2013, winning LaLiga, the Copa del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup.
Speaking after his presentation, Mourinho described his return as more emotional than his first arrival and said he viewed the appointment as a mission.
“I feel this is a mission. It goes beyond words. I am here to help everyone become better and to create a culture of work, responsibility and ambition,” he said.
“I also want to instil the responsibility and honour of working for Real Madrid.”
Mourinho reaffirmed his connection with the club and its supporters, insisting that his departure in 2013 had not changed his identity as a Madridista.
“I am a Madridista. I have always been, even since I left. I am one of you, Madridistas,” he said.
Addressing supporters directly, Mourinho added that he retained positive memories of the affection he received from Real Madrid fans following his departure.
“I am one of you. But not just today; I have always been, since the day I was presented in 2010 and the day I left in 2013,” he said.
The former Chelsea, Inter Milan and Manchester United manager also stressed that everyone working at the club must recognise the collective responsibility attached to representing Real Madrid.
“I am here to work for Real Madrid. Everyone should follow this way,” Mourinho said.
“I want everyone who enters Valdebebas to feel it—that we are working for Real Madrid.”
News of his presentation generated mixed reactions on social media after excerpts from his remarks were shared by football journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Some supporters expressed confidence that Mourinho could restore discipline and accountability within the dressing room, while others questioned whether his confrontational management style could create fresh tensions at the club.
Mourinho will now focus on Real Madrid’s opening LaLiga fixture against Espanyol on Saturday, August 22. The match is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. local time.




















