JAMB CBT Exam Guide | CBT Without Mouse | CBT FAQ | UTME FAQ can be accessed below.
NewsOnline reports that the JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Top 31 Computer Based Test (CBT) Exam Guidelines, Tips, Hints & Tricks, Use CBT Computer without Mouse, JAMB CBT, UTME Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) [2021/2022].
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB has released the CBT Tips, Hints and Tricks which contains all the necessary information candidates wishing to sit for the UTME exams needs to know.
The JAMB CBT Tips, Hints and Tricks contains the visual illustration of the CBT Exam Guide, CBT Without Mouse, CBT Frequently Asked Questions and UTME Frequently Asked Questions [FAQS].
A. JAMB CBT Exam Guide | CBT FAQ
1. WHAT IS COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)?
Computer based test is the administration of an examination using a computer. This format is flexible in that the test can be taken at different times and in different locations.
2. WHY COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT)?
CBT makes for more accurate, precise and fair assessment of the candidates.
3. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CBT?
- It can give immediate feedback.
- It is accurate and offers automated analysis of results.
- It is fair.
- It is more secure.
- It is the global best practice.
4. WHAT ARE JAMB CBT CENTERS?
JAMB CBT centres are examination locations across the country where candidates can take Computer Based Tests (CBT). These centres are equipped with modern infrastructure that would enable the conduct of CBT.
5. WHERE ARE THE JAMB TEST CENTRES LOCATED?
JAMB CBT centres are located in all the thirty-six states of the Federation and the FCT. Click here to view all JAMB CBT Centers Online.
6. ARE THESE JAMB CENTRES WELL EQUIPPED FOR CBT?
Yes, the centres are well-equipped for CBT.
7. WHAT DOES THE TEST CENTRE LOOK LIKE?
A room equipped with computers connected to Internet or Intranet (Local Area Network).
7. ARE THE JAMB TEST CENTRES CONDUCIVE FOR CBT?
Yes. The UTME accredited professional test centres are certified and equipped to international standards to facilitate a comfortable environment conducive for e-testing. All equipment are provided and there are technical support staff who are available to assist candidates at any time during the examination.
8. HOW MANY CANDIDATES ARE ATTACHED TO A COMPUTER?
A candidate is assigned to a computer.
9. ARE INTERNATIONAL JAMB TESTING CENTRES AVAILABLE?
Yes, UTME accredited testing centres are available in all the six countries where JAMB conducts its examinations (United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Republic of Benin, Cameroun and Ghana).
10. ARE COMPUTER BASED TESTS SECURE?
Yes. The extensive computerized encryption systems make breaking into the test virtually impossible. Also, test centres make it very difficult for candidates to bring in unauthorized materials.
11. HOW DO I START THE JAMB TEST?
You are expected to first key in the registration number into the computer and click on “Next”. You are to read and follow the instructions that come up. Now, click on “Start Exam”.
12. HOW DO I KEY IN MY ANSWERS ON A COMPUTER BASED TEST?
Answers to questions may be entered into the computer in either of two ways. You may key in answers by clicking on the option you believe to be the answer or typing in the letter of the option. Answers are recorded directly into the computer. Watch Short Video on JAMB CBT Exam Video Guidelines.
13. MAY I REVIEW MY ANSWERS OR SKIP QUESTIONS AND ANSWER THEM LATER WHEN TAKING A CBT?
Yes. You may review and change your answers after they have been entered into the computer during the examination or after you have attempted to answer all the questions before final submission.
14. HOW DO I KNOW THE TIME I HAVE SPENT ON MY EXAMINATION?
The time will be displayed on the computer screen during the examination.
15. IF THERE IS A POWER FAILURE WOULD IT AFFECT MY TIMING?
No. There will be power back-up with alternative power supply and your test will return to the exact place where you stopped. All questions are saved upon answering them.
16. HOW DO I END THE TEST?
When you have answered and reviewed all the questions, you would be required to press the S button. Another box will ask you to confirm that you are ready to end the test. Once you confirm that you want to end by pressing S again, the test will close and you will not be able to regain entry.
17. WILL THERE BE AUDIOVISUALS ON THE COMPUTER BASED TEST?
That depends on the test being taken. If visuals contribute to the test, they will be shown on the screen with the text of the questions or in a separate window.
18. CAN I PRACTICE TAKING THE CBT BEFORE THE ACTUAL EXAMINATION?
Yes, you can practice taking the test during the mock exam (coming soon).
19. IS KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING NECESSARY TO TAKE A TEST ON THE COMPUTER?
No. The test administration program only requires you to be able to use the mouse or keyboard to answer questions.
B. JAMB CBT Exam Guide | UTME FAQ
20. Who do I contact if I have problems submitting my JAMB online application?
Candidates are to direct all inquiries to the following telephone numbers: 08084116631, 08072522813, 08031283713, 07031283662 or visit any Zonal or State office of the Board nearest to them.
21. How quickly will I RECEIVE MY JAMB SCORES?
You will receive your scores on your mobile phones almost immediately you leave the examination centre.
22. What do I do if I need to reschedule my JAMB examination?
If the need arises, you should contact the SERVICOM Office at JAMB, National Headquarters Bwari, Abuja.
23. What is e-UTME?
e-UTME is an electronic form of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination that adopts the use of computer to display and answer test items.
24. May I bring food to the JAMB TEST CENTRE?
No. Food is not allowed in the test centre.
25. May I bring my mobile cell phone to the JAMB TEST CENTRE?
No. Mobile phones are not allowed in the test centre.
26. May I bring my mobile cell phone to the JAMB TEST CENTER
No. Mobile phones are not allowed in the test centre.
27. May I bring notebook to the JAMB test centre?
No. Notebook or other textbook materials are not allowed in the test centre.
28. May I bring a calculator to the JAMB test centre?
No. You will be provided with one on the examination day.
29. Will all candidates write the UTME examination at the same TIME?
NO. Each candidate will write the examination according to a scheduled/appointed time.
30. Would there be any break during the JAMB UTME examination?
No. There is no break between the test.
31. What if I am LATE for the testing appointment?
If you arrive after thirty minutes (30mins.) into the examination, you will not be allowed into the testing centre.
C. JAMB CBT Exam Guide | CBT Without Mouse
Watch Videos on our Youtube Channel Here.