Complete details of how to apply for Japan Working Holiday Visa 2023 can be accessed below.
NewsOnline reports that youth between the ages of 18 to 30 (or 25, in the case of certain countries) can enter Japan on a special visa that allows them to stay but for up to a year. Holders with working holiday visas are permitted to work part-time while holidaying in Japan. Currently, 25 nations and Japan have bilateral working holiday agreements. Citizens of any other nations outside these 25 are ineligible to get a working holiday visa.
Based on bilateral agreements, the working holiday visas are designed to enable youth from Japan and all its partner countries/regions to visit each country/region primarily with the intent of enjoying holidays while permitting them to work as an extraneous activity of their holidays in order to supplement their travel funds.
An applicant must meet the following qualifications in order to be eligible to enroll in the working holiday programs. Depending on the applicant’s nationality, the requirements may change.
- An applicant must be presently residing in his or her country of nationality.
- The applicant’s sole intention should be to travel to Japan for a set period of time specifically for a vacation.
- Individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 inclusive at the time of the visa application
- Have also, no dependents or children with you.
- Have a return ticket together with a valid passport for their country or region
- Have sufficient finances to support his or her stay during the early time of their trip to Japan.
- Be in excellent health Without having previously received a Japanese working holiday visa.
- Hong Kong applicants must in addition hold a current HKSAR or British Nationals Overseas passport
- A valid Taiwanese passport is also a requirement for Taiwanese applicants.
With this visa, you are permitted to:
- Stay no longer than a year in Japan and with a maximum of six months of work with a single employer
- Take a class or participate in one
- For the term of the visa, there are also no restrictions on entering or leaving Japan.
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN WORKING HOLIDAY VISA
The nations that qualify for working holidays in Japan are listed in full below.
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom
HOW TO APPLY
The Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your nation is where you must apply for a working holiday visa. These are the steps in the application process:
- Get in touch with the Japanese consulate or embassy in your country or go to their website using this LINK.
- Assemble the necessary paperwork for a working holiday visa for Japan
- Grab the visa. You are free to enter Japan if your application is accepted.
Do you know that even on vacation, you can operate in Japan for up to a year? For additional information on the Japan Holiday working visas, click the link.