ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, May 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

How Boko Haram Killed Over 100,000 People In Borno – Governor Zulum

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 25, 2021
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Governor Zulum

Governor Zulum

Governor Zulum has said that Boko Haram terrorists killed over 100,000 people in Borno within 12 years of conflict.

 

 

Newsonline reports that Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum on Tuesday said over 100,000 people have been killed in the state in the last 12 years contrary to other claims on the numbers of persons killed by Boko Haram insurgents.

 

According to the governor, 10 per cent of the population of Borno State is unaccounted for as many people in many communities in the state are still nowhere to be found even as government is working towards resettling the communities returning after they had fled their homes at the peak of the crisis.

 

Professor Zulum made the revelations after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the state house in Abuja where he briefed the President on the activities of terrorists in the Northeast and particularly in Borno State.

 

He also briefed the President on the successes being recorded especially with the fighters currently submitting to the Nigerian troops.

 

The governor said while some Nigerians are of the opinion that the surrendered Boko Haram fighters be rejected, there is no reason for any community to reject them, adding that they are people living within the communities before the unfortunate incident.

 

“Those fighters who surrendered should be accepted and treated well and should not be rejected in their communities. That is the only way to show them the difference by loving them because they have repented from their mistakes,” the governor said.

 

Zulum also told Newsmen that, so far, a total of 2,600 former terrorists and fighters have surrendered to the Nigerian military and are currently in custody of the military.

 

He said ” Not all of them are criminals. Some of them are also victims, as such the need for communities to understand and welcome the fact that they have realised their shortcomings and are now turning in to be good citizens.”

 

He explained that many of those who are surrendering to troops are people who were forcefully conscripted and that they had to stay with the terrorists to stay alive.
” Some of them were small children when they were taken to join the terrorists, ” he added.

 

Zulum told journalists that, he was attacked over five times by the terrorists while moving from one end of Borno State to another end to ensure that he builds confidence on the people, a sacrifice which is also yielding result with terrorists giving up and coming out to submit themselves.

 

He said his administration will do everything possible to support the surrendered terrorists, adding that government is not contemplating inducing the terrorists in order to have them surrendered but will work to ensure that those who surrender after profiling by the military return to their communities.

Previous Post

Chizopsy, Burna Boy Coincidentally Release Same Song Title “Question” Same Day

Next Post

Emerging Facts On How Audacious Bandits Invaded Nigerian Defence Academy

Next Post
Bandits Invaded Nigerian Defence Academy

Emerging Facts On How Audacious Bandits Invaded Nigerian Defence Academy

Trending Stories

Governor Zulum

How Boko Haram Killed Over 100,000 People In Borno – Governor Zulum

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Step-by-Step Guide To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit Online

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Latest Stories

Hantavirus Update Today

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Union Bank

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Sterling

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Tinubu Presidency

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria