News Online reports that the Islamic State of the West African Province (ISWAP) under the new leadership of Abu-Musad Albarnawy has killed Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram, and taken over his territories.
Sources knowledgeable about the terrorists’ groups said the ISWAP faction has arrested 30 top commanders loyal to the late Boko Haram leader.
Some of the commanders and others arrested include:
- Abdul Bash, Commander Parisu
- Abu Mujaheed, Commander of Sabil Huda
- Mala Ali, Commander of Farisu
- Amir Hassana, Commander Garin Dambe
- Malam Bako, Commander Hizba
- Amir Halid, Commander Njimiya Falluja, Commander Garin Mala
- Abu- Fatima, Commander, Gwashke
- Kaka BK, Commander Garin Abu Asmau.
- Alai Bukar, Commander Mina Ngawri
- Abu-Ubaida, Commander Jungle Gabra in Pulka
- Amir Abdulrahman, Commander, Gobara
- Abu Muhammad, Commander Alava
- Ali Shara, Commander Yuwe Hanyan Bama
- Amir Huzayfa, Commander Yuwe Hanyan Welcome
- Abubakar Sarki, Commander Yuwe Hanyan Konduga
- Ibn Abbas, Commander Barin Bulla Yaga
- Ali Ngule, Commander Madara Mountain
- Ummati Mai Shayi, Commander Madara Mountain
- Mala Musa Abuja, the Chief Bomb Maker
- Mallam Bana Sharra, Chief Judge to Shekau faction, located at Garin Mala Hassan
- Baba Dr. Konduga, Chief Medical Doctor
- Alava Road, Ma’azu Dan Lokodisa, the Chief Prison Officer
- Alai Abba, the Caretaker of Women, children
- Mala Musa, Chief Mechanic Officer, located at Parisu
- Abu Zaid, Chief Bombmaker, located at Parisu
- Abu Aisha Special Clearance operations Unit, Fairs
- Amir Okasha, Bomb Timer,
- Farisu and Amir Awana
Among other terrorists.
It was gathered that following the death of Shekau, ISWAP fighters in over 30 gun trucks and dozens of motorcycles stormed Sambisa forest forcing the Boko Haram Commanders loyal to Shekau to surrender or face instant execution.
The source added that Abu-Musad Albarnawy, who had gone underground for a while now, was reportedly re-appointed as the new leader of ISWAP in the Northeast war theatre by the ISIS leadership which has become the major source of strength for the insurgents.
The source further told Vanguard that ISWAP stormed Shekau’s camp’s general area “following massive protests against his leadership style after he had eliminated some top Boko Haram Commanders including Abu-Fatima, his Chief of Staff who doubled as the Operation Commander within the past one month”.