President Buhari Orders Ethnic Cleansing In South East Nigeria

President Buhari has come under fire for threatening Igbo with another genocide.

 

News Online reports that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has come under fire after he threatened to deal with the youths of Igbo-dominated South-East in a manner similar to the violence visited upon the region’s civilians by him and other military officers who fought on the Nigerian side during the Civil War.

 

JUST IN: Biafra A Done Deal As Nnamdi Kanu Spends N300 Million

 

This online news platform understands that President Buhari made this comment on Tuesday, June 1, where he added he has had enough of the raging attacks against government facilities across the South-East. Violent thugs have been on the rampage in the region, killing and setting public and private assets on fire. The president has previously warned that there would be consequences for the attacks, and security forces have been combing the region in a deadly pursuit of pro-Biafran elements.

President Buhari ratcheted up his condemnation of the violence on Tuesday night and said it was obviously being carried out by those who did not witness the Civil War between 1966 and 1970 when Nigerian troops waged a war against Biafran secessionists.

 

President Buhari came into office, he has consistently excluded the Igbo, one of Nigeria’s three major ethnic groups, from his government, apparently in line with his comments shortly after being assuming office in 2015 that they will not benefit much from his government because they did not vote for him.

Buhari Under Fire For Threatening Igbo With Another Genocide

 

“Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War,” President Buhari said on Twitter. “Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand.”

Buhari Under Fire For Threatening Igbo With Another Genocide

However, he didn’t talk about the operations of Boko Haram and kidnappers in the northern parts of the country, he also didn’t address the actions that will be taken against them to curb their operations.

 

Some Nigerians who were not pleased with this have given the president backlashes.

Read below:

 

 

 

https://twitter.com/General_Oluchi/status/1399806779643633668