ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, May 23, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Buhari Former Son-In-Law Breaks Silence On ICPC Declaring Him Wanted

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 19, 2021
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Buhari Former Son-In-Law

Buhari former son-in-law has broken silence on ICPC declaring him wanted.

 

News Online reports that Gimba Kumo, a former son-in-law to President Muhammadu Buhari says he was never invited before he was declared wanted by the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offenses Commission for the alleged misappropriation of $65m while he was Managing Director of the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.

 

Breaking: Parents, Governors, Others Paying Ransom To Bandits Risk 15-Year Jail Term

 

Kumo said this in a letter addressed to the Chairman of the ICPC, Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye, which is dated May 18, 2021.

 

The ICPC had last Thursday declared Kumo wanted alongside Tarry Rufus and Bola Ogunsola over the alleged fraud. In the notice signed by its Spokesperson, Azuka Ogugua, the ICPC urged the public to provide information about the whereabouts of the wanted persons.

 

In his letter titled, ‘Re: Declaration of Mallam Gimba Yau Kumo, OON, as a Wanted Person in National Dailies, Social Media and the ICPC Website’ Kumo described the development as unfortunate, adding that no attempt was made at inviting him before he was declared wanted.

 

Breaking: House Of Representatives Moves To Impeach Buhari

 

The letter signed by his lawyer, Chief O.U Orji, and Uwem Umoawan, read in part, “We were reliably informed by our client that he was never served with any official invitation in line with Section 29, 30, 31, and 32 of the ICPC Act, 2000.

 

“Since he left the FMBN, his private office and home addresses are well known to the public as both the DSS and the EFCC have also effected service/invitation to him personally which he honoured without any hesitation on the same issues as he does not have anything to hide.”

 

Kumo argued that the ICPC had violated its own Act by declaring him wanted without following due process.

 

ALSO: Primate Ayodele Releases Fresh Prophecies On Open Grazing Ban, S/East, IBB, Others

He noted that he had already been investigated by the Department of State Services and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the report had been sent to President Buhari.

The former FMBN boss said the decision to declare him wanted seemed like a witch-hunt hence the hurry by the ICPC.

The letter further read, “Suffice it to be noted that the same allegations were dully investigated by the DSS and the EFCC and reports have been sent to the President. All the documents ranging from the invitation letters and our client’s reply with the documentary proofs will be found if demanded.

 

JUST IN: Nigerian Judge Kidnapped Inside Court

 

“Sir, it is instructive to ask why the witch-hunt? Why the hurry to declare our client wanted? Why the publication without properly inviting our client in accordance with the law? What actually is the aim behind these investigations having been investigated by the DSS and EFCC on the same subject matter?”

 

Kumo said he was ready to approach the ICPC the moment he is properly served with an invitation.

 

News Online learnt that the probe was part of a wider investigation into the funds released for the Goodluck Jonathan Legacy City Housing Project which began in 2012.

 

 

The project, which was expected to deliver one million housing units in Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt, was awarded to Good Earth Nigeria Limited while the FMBN was to implement a small portion of the project.

 

The project, which was supposed to have lasted for 18 months and terminated by June 20, 2014, was frustrated by a delay in getting letters of credit as well as the arrival of imported materials for construction, Kumo said in his letter.

Previous Post

Breaking: Parents, Governors, Others Paying Ransom To Bandits Risk 15-Year Jail Term

Next Post

Breaking: Top Nigeria Politician Is Dead

Next Post
Chief of Staff

Breaking: Top Nigeria Politician Is Dead

Trending Stories

INEC 2027 Election Timetable

BREAKING: Court Nullifies INEC 2027 Election Timetable, Opens Fresh Hope for Disqualified Aspirants

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Buhari Former Son-In-Law

Buhari Former Son-In-Law Breaks Silence On ICPC Declaring Him Wanted

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Hamzat

BREAKING: Hamzat Wins APC Ikeja Ward B Primaries With 2,441 Votes

Labour Party

Labour Party Petitions IGP, DSS Over Illegal Sale of Party Nomination Forms by Julius Abure

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Ifunanya Lawyer Biography

Ifunanya Lawyer Biography, Photos, Nudes Videos, Age, Instagram, Controversy

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Latest Stories

INEC 2027 Election Timetable

BREAKING: Court Nullifies INEC 2027 Election Timetable, Opens Fresh Hope for Disqualified Aspirants

Cristiano Ronaldo, Al Nassr, Saudi Pro League, Ronaldo wins title, Al Nassr vs Damac, Saudi league champions, Cristiano Ronaldo goals, Al Hilal, Sadio Mane, Kingsley Coman

BREAKING: Cristiano Ronaldo Finally Wins Saudi Pro League with Al-Nassr

Hamzat

BREAKING: Hamzat Wins APC Ikeja Ward B Primaries With 2,441 Votes

Mascot Uzor Kalu

Mascot Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Abia APC Governorship Race Ahead of 2027 Elections

Labour Party

Labour Party Petitions IGP, DSS Over Illegal Sale of Party Nomination Forms by Julius Abure

Marketing Live 2026

Google Unveils Gemini-Powered AI Advertising, Commerce Tools at Marketing Live 2026

Kehinde Ogundare, Country Head, Zoho Nigeria

Beyond the vibe: Bridging Africa’s Build Divide with Intelligent Infrastructure

UTME Results

JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results After Malpractice Investigation

Professor Segun Aina

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Professor Segun Aina as New JAMB Registrar

Hantavirus Update Today

Hantavirus Update Today — Latest Cases, Death Toll & Global Tracking

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria