ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Monday, May 18, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: FG Threatens Striking Workers With Six Months Jail Term

the AGF & Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), gave the warning in a statement on Sunday.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
June 3, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
FG

FG has threatened the striking workers with a six (6) months jail term.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the federal government has warned workers planning to embark on the indefinite strike, which was declared by labour unions that they risk a six-month jail term.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that the AGF & Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), gave the warning in a statement on Sunday.

Fagbemi said Section 18 of the Trade Disputes Act requires a worker employed in any essential services to give their employer 15 days’ notice before ceasing their services and any who did not comply would be liable on conviction to a fine or imprisonment for six months.

 

ALSO: CBN Revokes Heritage Bank License Over Poor Financial Performance

He said the fundamental importance of the 15-day notice is underscored by the fact that Sections 41 and 42(1)(b) of the Act criminalize non-compliance with the provision.

He noted that the federal government had been engaging stakeholders in the tripartite committee to determine a new national minimum wage and had not declared an end to negotiation.

The AGF further noted that the proposed strike is a breach of an order of the National Industrial Court and ongoing mediators’ settlement efforts over issues connected with the subject matter of the order.

“You are further invited to recall the pendency of the interim injunctive order granted on 5th June 2023 in suit no: NICN/ABJ/158/2023 — FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA & ANOR VV. NIGERIAN LABOUR CONGRESS & ANOR, which order restrained both NLC from embarking on any industrial action or strike of any nature,” he said.

“While the government assures that it would continue to adopt a conciliatory approach to resolving matters pertaining to workers’ and citizens’ welfare in the spirit of collective bargaining, I would like to urge you to kindly reconsider the declaration of strike action and return to the ongoing negotiation meetings, which has been adjourned to a date to be communicated to parties.

“This would be a more civil and patriotic approach and will enable your Congress to pursue its cause within the ambit of the law and avoid foisting avoidable hardships on the generality of Nigerians. which this proposed industrial action is bound to cause.”

Previous Post

BREAKING: CBN Revokes Heritage Bank License Over Poor Financial Performance

Next Post

CBN Releases List Of Licensed Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria

Next Post
CBN, NCC

CBN Releases List Of Licensed Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria

Trending Stories

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

CAC

CAC Login Portal for Fee Business Registration – www.pre.cac.gov.ng

FG

BREAKING: FG Threatens Striking Workers With Six Months Jail Term

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

BF Video Lyrics 2023

BF Video Lyrics 2023 Worldwide Trending: BF Video Ideas And Meaning

Sujimoto Boss Ogundele

How Wanted Sujimoto Boss Ogundele Defrauded Enugu Government of N5.7bn – Officials

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Sandra Edoho

Sandra Edoho Accuses Ex-Husband Frank Edoho of Infidelity, Financial Abuse Amid Chike Controversy

Latest Stories

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Union Bank

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Sterling

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Tinubu Presidency

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki

Tinubu Confirms Killing of Top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in Joint Nigeria-US Military Operation

APC

APC Releases Full List of ‘Not Cleared’ House of Reps Aspirants Ahead of 2027 Primaries

Amaka Onwughalu

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu Wins ‘Women on Bank Boards’ Award at AWBFA 2026

Education

From Classrooms to Despair: Why Many Nigerian Youths Now See Education as a Scam

Elections

Public Funds, Private Politics: Are Governors Using Nigeria’s Treasury to Fund Party Elections?

Education

Leadership Without Service: Politicians Celebrate While Nigerians Suffer By Festus Edovia

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria