ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

Alliance Hospital CEO, Christopher Otabor, others to face organ harvesting charges in court

the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) said the trial of the CEO of Alliance Hospital and others would begin on May 16.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 21, 2024
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Christopher Otabor

Christopher Otabor

NASS has ordered Alliance Hospital CEO, Christopher Otabor, and others to face organ harvesting charges in court.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the House of Representatives Committee on Public Petitions has directed Christopher Otabor, the CEO of Alliance Hospital, along with three others, to appear in court to address the charges of organ harvesting brought against them.

This Nigeria news platform understands that the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) said the trial of the CEO of Alliance Hospital and others would begin on May 16.

 

Those to undergo trial are the CEO, Dr. Christopher Otabor, Emmanuel Muyiwa Olorunlaye, male (36 years), Chikaodili Ugochukwu, female (37 years), and Dr. Aremu Abayomi, male (43 years).

 

READ ALSO: Workers’ Day: NLC Tables Seven Critical Demands To President Tinubu (FULL LIST)

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that NAPTIP in a statement by its communication officer, Adekoye Vincent highlighted the circumstances surrounding the case.

 

The agency said it arraigned the 51-year-old, Dr. Otabor, and others before a High Court of the FCT sitting at Zuba, presided over by Hon. Justice Ogbonnaya, for alleged organ (Kidney) harvest on March 18, 2024.

 

Otabor was arraigned alongside; Emmanuel Muyiwa Olorunlaye, male (36 years), Chikaodili Ugochukwu, female (37 years), and Dr. Aremu Abayomi, male (43 years).

 

NAPTIP stated that the defendants who were granted court bail were ordered to report to NAPTIP headquarters in Abuja daily and surrender their travel documents to the court.

 

The agency, however, noted that Dr. Otabor sought redress at the National Assembly challenging his detention by the Agency during the investigative process through a petition to the House Committee on Public Petitions.

The committee in exercise of its legislative duties, subsequently invited the management of NAPTIP to appear before it on Thursday 18th April, 2024.

The Director of Legal and Prosecution Department of NAPTIP, Mr. Hassan Tahir, informed the Committee that the matter was sub judice as the case was already pending before a Court of competent jurisdiction and all the defendants including the petitioner had already taken their plea.

 

Ruling on the matter, the chairman of the Committee, Honourable Mike Etaba, told the complainant to go back to the Court and face the charges before him ultimately dismissing the petition.

 

NAPTIP said the decision of the committee reinforces the commitment to due process and legal proceedings in addressing serious allegations such as organ harvesting.

Previous Post

Davido launches Nine+ Record Label in a collaborative deal with UnitedMaster

Next Post

APC Founding Member Marafa slams Matawalle over scathing remarks against NEF

Next Post
APC Founding Member Marafa

APC Founding Member Marafa slams Matawalle over scathing remarks against NEF

Trending Stories

Christopher Otabor

Alliance Hospital CEO, Christopher Otabor, others to face organ harvesting charges in court

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria