ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Tinubu Approves N1.1 Trillion For Wike To Finance FCT 2024 Statutory Budget

Nyesom Wike made this known during a media chat at his office in Abuja on Tuesday.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
April 2, 2024
in Headline
0
President Tinubu

President Tinubu has approved N1.1 trillion for Wike to Finance FCT 2024 Statutory Budget.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has given his approval to the statutory budget of over N1.1 trillion for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) for the fiscal year 2024.

This Nigeria news platform understands that FCT minister, Nyesom Wike made this known during a media chat at his office in Abuja on Tuesday.

 

ALSO: Unending Rivers Crisis: PDP Dares 27 Lawmakers To Impeach Governor Fubara

He expressed his satisfaction with the president’s assent and highlighted that the budget will have a positive impact on infrastructure development, healthcare facilities, and the rehabilitation of schools in the FCT, among other areas.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that this development follows the successful passing of the FCT appropriation bill in the Senate last month.

A detailed breakdown of the N1.1trn budget reveals that N280 billion has been allocated for overhead expenses, N726bn for capital projects, and N140bn for personnel, resulting in a total budget of N1.147tn.

 

Earlier at the Senate, the bill’s sponsor and Senate Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele, took charge of the discussion by emphasizing that the appropriation bill carefully considered the FCT administration’s revenue and expenditure forecasts, which align with the federal government’s fiscal and developmental policies.

 

Wike Gives Verdict On FCT Road Constructions

Last week, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, expressed satisfaction with the quality of work at the ongoing FCT Highway 105, which will link the Airport Expressway to the Kuje township.

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Wike gave the verdict during a tour of the 11-kilometre road, a six-lane dualization from the Airport Expressway to Kuje town junction, being executed by Arab Contractors.

 

The FCT minister assured that the project will completed by the end of this year, stressing that the contractor is committed to its completion within schedule.

 

Wike added that all challenges that could slow the pace of work have been addressed.

He said, “You can see with your eyes that the work is going on very well. With the quality of work we saw, we are very satisfied too. The contractor has said that before the end of the year, they would have completed the project. That will be interesting news. It gladdens our hearts that we are meeting our targets.”

 

Also, during the inspection of the 5-kilometre emergency asphalt carriageway from Tipper Garage Junction to the LEA Secretariat in Kuje Area Council, Wike said he was satisfied with the quality of work on the road project and also assured that it would be completed by the end of 2024.

 

He said: “I am very satisfied. If you know, when we came here to flag off this particular road, which was the request of the stakeholders of the Kuje Area Council, they were the ones that nominated this road, and it is about five kilometres.

 

“Just like what the contractor said, they started from where there are fewer encumbrances so that by the time they get to where they may have some constraints, they would have sorted out the issues.

 

“From what they have said, they have done the earthwork of two and a half kilometres and the next thing they would start is the drainage. They have agreed that before the end of the year, they will have completed this particular road. So, we are very impressed.”

Previous Post

Unending Rivers Crisis: PDP Dares 27 Lawmakers To Impeach Governor Fubara

Next Post

FG 37-Member Tripartite Committee On Minimum Wage To Reconvene Mid-April

Next Post
Minimum Wage

FG 37-Member Tripartite Committee On Minimum Wage To Reconvene Mid-April

Trending Stories

President Tinubu

Tinubu Approves N1.1 Trillion For Wike To Finance FCT 2024 Statutory Budget

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria