Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Monday, March 28, 2022, below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said the emergence of Senator Abdullahi Adamu as the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) would worsen corruption and economic hardship in the country. In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba, the PDP described the APC convention as a “jamboree of lies, celebration of illegality, corruption and arrogance in failure.”
2. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, yesterday, said he will run for the 2023 presidency on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He stated this during a consultative meeting with stakeholders of the Benue State chapter of the party at the government house, in Makurdi.
3. Abba Kabir Yusuf, popularly known as Abba Gida-Gida, who contested the 2019 Kano State governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has defected to the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).
4. The Presidency has justified the emergence of former key members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as officials of the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC). In a statement on Sunday, Malam Garba Shehu, presidential spokesman, said the stage is now set for the APC primary elections.
5. Former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, on Sunday, said Nigerians belong to the category of the “unfortunate citizens of the world.” He said that this was due to the fact that the country’s leadership, “though in the context of a civil democratic dispensation, leaves much to be desired.”
6. No fewer than seven persons have been killed in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, as cultists went on a rampage. It was gathered that in the past one week, members of the Aiye and Eiye confraternities have been engaging in a supremacy battle.
7. Two Nigerians excreted 165 wraps of cocaine after their arrest at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). The Agency’s Head of Media, Femi Babafemi made this known in a statement on Sunday.
8. Eight people have lost their lives in separate accidents on Eko Bridge, Lagos Island, and Eleko Bus Stop, Lekki Epe Expressway, Lagos State. It was learnt that the first accident, which happened on Saturday, claimed the lives of an Uber driver and his three passengers.
9. The Nigerian Governors’ Forum, NGF, has pledged to promote electoral integrity and ensure that the government delivered on its promises to Nigerians. Chairman of the NGF and Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, stated this yesterday in Abuja.
10. The Fusion Council of the Third Force Mega Political Movement, yesterday, said it will unveil the Mega Party on Monday, April 4, 2022, in Abuja. It also released its time-table for the 2023 elections, aimed at ensuring the defeat of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in 2023.