Nigerian Newspaper Headlines and Naija news today, Saturday 10 September 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State has said Peter Obi, Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate for the 2023 election, is widely accepted. The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governor said although his support is for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, his party’s candidate, “only God knows who will win”.
2. Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike of Rivers State, on Friday, hosted the Sultan of Sokoto, His Royal Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar. Sultan visited the Ada George, Port Harcourt residence of Wike shortly after he arrived at the Port Harcourt International Airport.
3. The Department of State Services (DSS) has continued a clampdown on associates of the embattled bandits’ negotiator, Tukur Mamu, arresting his father-in-law, Abdullahi Mashi, Thursday night. This is coming amid calls for the arrest of the controversial cleric, Ahmed Gumi.
4. The Ohanaeze Ndigbo yesterday cautioned Nigerians against the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, saying the former vice president is an unpredictable individual. Okechukwu Isiguzoro, the Secretary-General of Ohanaeze made this known in a statement on Friday.
5. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has assured that the days of manipulation of election results are over in Nigeria. The Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu spoke on Friday in Abuja at the Launch of the Election Results Analysis Dashboard (ERAD) Report on Electronic Transmission of Results organised by Yiaga Africa.
6. The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has recovered the sport utility vehicle of the abducted Principal of Madonna Community Secondary School in Oruk Anam Local Government Area of the State, Mr Monday Ekoriko. This came as the kidnappers contacted the victim’s family, demanding N50m ransom.
7. The Kogi State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday, raised the alarm over an alleged plot by Governor Yahaya Bello, to go against opponents ahead of the 2023 general elections. State Chairman of the PDP, Engr. Sam Uhuotu, raised the alarm at a media briefing in Abuja, on Friday.
8. The Katsina State Government has announced a total ban on the sale and smoking of shisha and other non-medical substances across the State with immediate effect. The ban was announced in a statement issued by the State Director of Information, Alhaji Buhari Mamman-Daura, on Friday in Katsina.
9. Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) National chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, yesterday, confirmed that the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) will meet with Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike and other aggrieved members of the party. Ayu stated this in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Communications, Simon Imobo-Tswam.
10. Ground troops of the counter-insurgency operation in the Northeast have neutralised 420 Boko Haram and Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in different operations in Borno State within August. Theatre Commander, Joint Task Force, Northeast Operation Hadin Kai, Maj Gen Christopher Musa disclosed this on Friday at a press conference in Maiduguri.