Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Monday 15 August 2022, can be accessed below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Chairman of the Gan Allah Fulani Development Association of Nigeria (GAFDAN), Kwara State chapter, Ali Mohammed Jounwiro, yesterday, said nine people were killed, while 450 cows got lost during the clash with the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) on Friday.
2. Scores of terrorists in Kaduna and Niger States are currently on the run following offensive operation carried out by officers of the Nigerian Air Force. The bombardment of terrorists’ enclaves is coming on the heels of a fresh marching order given to the Service Chiefs by President Muhammadu Buhari.
3. Following fear of terrorists’ attacks cross the country, the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, on Sunday, directed all Commissioners of Police across the 36 States of the federation, as well as the Federal Capital Territory, to deploy water-tight security arrangements to protect hospitals and health workers.
4. A 27-year-old houseboy, Munkaila Ado has been arrested by the police in Mai’ari Arewa village, Pali District of Alkaleri Local Government Area of Bauchi State for allegedly strangling his boss’s daughter after he impregnated her.
5. The Nigeria Police Force has advised all politicians to caution their supporters against threatening voices of dissent and opposition in the 2023 general elections. Force spokesperson, Olumuyiwa Adejobi in an interview yesterday said any threat to life was a criminal offence, adding that the Electoral Act is also clear on the appropriate punishment prescribed for election-related crimes.
6. The Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has ordered the police and other security agencies in the State to fish out the killers of a student of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, Happiness Odeh. Odeh, who was the school’s beauty pageant winner, was abducted along Iperu Remo Road on her way to a movie location in Ipara-Remo last Tuesday.
7. The All Progressives Congress, APC, Ebonyi Chapter, has said it suspended and expelled the factional Senatorial candidate of the party for Ebonyi South Zone, Mrs Ann Agom-Eze, owing to alleged gross misconduct. The Chairman of the party in the State, Chief Stanley Okoro-Emegha, stated this while briefing journalists, in Abakaliki, on Sunday evening.
8. Three persons believed to be members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God who were leaving the Convention for their houses have died, while 13 others sustained injuries after their bus somersaulted. The accident occurred on Sunday at the Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu interchange around Kobape in the Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.
9. Indications emerged at the weekend, that some All Progressives Congress, APC, stakeholders were working to unseat the National Chairman of the party, Senator Abdullahi Adamu as part of trouble-shooting efforts to placate the Christian bloc in the party.
10. Following the feud between Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, governors elected on the platform of the party, yesterday, decided to intervene in the rift.