ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home News

Minister of Defence, Muhammad Badaru Abubakar Asked To Resign Over Insecurity In North

“Thousands have been killed, millions displaced, and the economy crippled. Our traditional systems of dispute resolution have collapsed, creating a vacuum now filled by terror and fear,” the group added.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 15, 2025
in News
0
Muhammad Badaru Abubakar

Muhammad Badaru Abubakar

Minister of Defence, Muhammad Badaru Abubakar has been asked to resign over insecurity in North.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Northern groups have called for the resignation of the minister of Defence, Muhammad Badaru Abubakar, over what they described as his failure to address insecurity in the North.

This Nigeria news platform understands that the North-West Alliance for Security (NWAS) and the North-East Youth Revival Movement (NEYM), in separate statements issued Tuesday, decried the increasing spate of killings, displacement, and destruction in their respective zones, blaming the federal government’s inability to contain the crises on weak leadership at the helm of the defence ministry.

 

ALSO: Otti Challenges Abure To Show Evidence Or Shut Up Amid Labour Party Crisis

 

NWAS, in a statement signed by its chairman, Musa Zakaria, lamented the continued operations of armed bandits in Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara, and Sokoto states, saying the region had become a hotbed of lawlessness, with an estimated 30,000 bandits spread across 100 gangs.

 

“The persistent failures of the Minister of Defence to effectively address these challenges leave us with no option but to call for his immediate resignation,” the group said.

 

It said the North-West was suffering from violent attacks linked to radicalised bandit groups that now operate with jihadist factions, blurring the lines between criminality and terrorism.

“Thousands have been killed, millions displaced, and the economy crippled. Our traditional systems of dispute resolution have collapsed, creating a vacuum now filled by terror and fear,” the group added.

 

In a separate statement, NEYM called for Badaru’s removal over last week’s deadly Boko Haram attack on a military base in Marte, Borno State, which left five soldiers dead and several military assets looted.

 

The statement signed by its chairman, Abbarious Lawal, NEYM said the incident exposed deep-rooted weaknesses in Nigeria’s military structure, citing low morale, desertion, and poor strategic coordination.

 

“The attack highlights a critical crisis of confidence within our armed forces. Our soldiers are often left without adequate training, equipment, or support,” the group said.

 

It added that the assault forced residents of nearby communities to flee to Dikwa, Mafa, and Lukumani, further worsening the humanitarian crisis in the region.

 

Quoting data from SBM Intelligence, the group said over 2,000 people were killed in violent incidents between January and March 2025, with Borno State accounting for the highest number of casualties.

 

Both groups said the minister of Defence had ample time to demonstrate leadership but failed, adding that excuses would no longer suffice in the face of national tragedy.

 

“The time has come for decisive action. Minister Badaru’s resignation is not just symbolic—it is necessary. We call on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to replace him with someone capable of confronting the security crisis head-on,” they stated.

 

They urged civil society groups, traditional rulers, and other stakeholders to join their call for urgent reforms and accountability in the country’s defence sector.

Previous Post

Otti Challenges Abure To Show Evidence Or Shut Up Amid Labour Party Crisis

Next Post

RMAFC Credits FIRS For Nigeria’s Fiscal Stability

Next Post
Nigeria’s Fiscal Stability

RMAFC Credits FIRS For Nigeria’s Fiscal Stability

Trending Stories

Muhammad Badaru Abubakar

Minister of Defence, Muhammad Badaru Abubakar Asked To Resign Over Insecurity In North

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

2026 Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Governorship Election 2026 Live Updates, Polling Unit Results and Latest News

JAMB Past Questions

Download JAMB Past Questions & Answers PDF From 1983 Till Date [All Subjects]

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

2026 Osun Governorship Election

How Adeleke Defeated APC Federal Might to Win 2026 Osun Governorship Election

Balthazar Video Telegram

Direct Link To Watch All Baltasar Engonga 400 Videos With Government Officials Wives

JAMB E-Facility Login Details

JAMB Results Checker 2023 Portal Now Active Check 2023 JAMB Results Now

Latest Stories

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

José Mourinho

José Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid, Signs Three-Year Contract Until 2029

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

OMO Market

CBN Reopens OMO Market to Nigerians: Will 20% Yields Draw Investors Away From NGX?

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

2026 Osun Governorship Election

How Adeleke Defeated APC Federal Might to Win 2026 Osun Governorship Election

2026 Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria