Kidnap Kingpin John Lyon Biography, Age, Education, Family, Lifestyle, Net worth and news can be accessed below.
Newsonline reports that John Eka Ewa aka John Lyon is a multi-millionaire kidnapper and Abuja socialite who was arrested by security operatives on Saturday, September 24, 2022. He was born December, 22, 1986.
Recall that the Bayelsa Police Command Yenagoa on Monday paraded Lyon, alleged to have colluded with others to terrorise the State for years through the kidnap of top bankers, businessmen and prominent persons.
The flamboyant suspected kidnapper was paraded with some of his gang members and other criminals by Commissioner of Police Ben Okolo at a briefing in Yenagoa.
Below is a summary of John Lyon, the suspected kidnap kingpin:
* John Eka Ewa, popularly known as John Lyon aka Kpai-kpai was born on December 22, 1986.
* He hails from Boki Local Government Area, Cross-River State.
* He is allegedly a graduate of the University of Calabar.
* John Lyon is an ex-staff of a new generation bank.
* He recently welcomed a child with his wife, according to him while pleading for pardon for the sake of his baby.
* Though he portrayed himself as a motivational speaker on social media, he is alleged to be responsible for a number of high-profile kidnappings in Bayelsa State.
* He owns a brand name Lyon Interior which repportedly serves as ‘cover-up’ for his nefarious activities.
* He is well-known for flaunting his wealth online and advising young people to ‘hustle hard’ attempting to invalidate legitimate hard workers.
* Contrary to speculation that John Lyon, alleged to have kidnapped prominent persons in Bayelsa State, was arrested yesterday in Abuja, it was learnt that he was apprehended on September 15.
* His arrest was kept under the radar because the police did not want to jeopardise the investigation as police authorities in the state were on the trail of his accomplices who fled on hearing of the arrest of their suspected arrowhead.
* The suspected notorious kingpin isn’t related to Chief David Lyon, the All Progressives Congress governorship (APC) candidate in the 2019 election in Bayelsa State but adopted ‘Lyon’ as a makeshift name to conceal his track.
Kidnap Kingpin John Lyon, Age, Education, Family, Lifestyle, Net worth
John Ewa Age
John Lyon was born December 22, 1986. He is currently 38 years old.
John Ewa Education
John Lyon graduated from the prestigious university of Calabar, (UNICAL) Stechitegist media gathered.
John Ewa Family
John Lyon has an Elder brother named ‘David Lyon’, who contested for the 2019 Bayelsa Governorship election. The All Progressives Congress (APC) previously ran David Lyon for governor of Bayelsa in the 2019 gubernatorial election.
He was named the election’s victor, but the Supreme Court declared his election unlawful a day before he was to be sworn in as governor, finding that his running mate, Degi Eremienyo Wangagra, submitted a forged certificate to INEC.
The top court mandated that the PDP candidate for governor, Douye Diri, who finished second in the poll, be given a certificate of return and sworn into office.
John Lyon Ewa’s Lifestyle
John Lyon was well-known for displaying large sums of money on social media, advising his fans to “hustle,” and inspiring young Nigerians by speaking about the value of hard work.
Additionally, he shared photos of himself at APC events wearing police uniforms as bodyguards and at church services where he can be seen singing and praising God.
In addition, he used an interior design company in Abuja as his main source of income while giving millions to actors and singers. He spends money lavishly in clubs and bars.
John Ewa Arrest
After John Iyon, also known as IK- Kpai- Kpai, was apprehended in Abuja on Saturday after being tracked from Bayelsa state, the footage of the suspected kidnapper went viral.
Iyon was seen begging with other men and crying, “My Wife Just Had A Baby,” in the viral video. As one of the guys said he was a member of the group that kidnapped him, he was also questioned despite his assertion that he had only been engaged in the kidnapping of two persons.
But when he was located and apprehended by a top-notch police team in Abuja on Saturday, it was believed that his cover had been blown.
Following his arrest, David Lyon was shown in viral videos kneeling on the ground, wailing uncontrollably, and pleading for mercy while wearing only his boxers and being handcuffed. He said that his Wife had just given birth to a kid.
He admitted to being a kidnapper while being questioned, but claimed to have only taken two persons.
David Lyon denied kidnapping more than two individuals, but a man on the video who identified himself as one of his victims disagreed with him and asserted that he had.
The man continued by telling how David Lyons’ group had kidnapped him and demanded a sizable sum in exchange for their release. In a recent kidnapping of one Danjuma, a bank employee, he and his guys were successful in demanding over 50 million naira and have since admitted to the act.
John Lyon Ewa Net Worth
John Lyon is a multi-millionaire kidnapper, whose net worth is estimated at $300,000 dollar.