JAMB CAPS 2022 and How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission Offer can be accessed below.
Candidates seeking admission into the various tertiary institutions in Nigeria (i.e. universities, polytechnics, colleges and others) are hereby informed that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal where they can accept/reject their admission offer and also monitor their admission process.
According to the admission policy published by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), all admission would be made online through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS); consequently, all candidates seeking admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2021/2022 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and also indicate the acceptance or rejection of their admission.
How JAMB CAPS Works
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) created the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) platform to automate the Admissions Process into the tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It also ensures quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) streamlines the Admissions Process, addresses the challenges associated with the manual approach, restores the autonomy of the tertiary institutions concerning admissions, makes candidates the focus and empowers them with information on available choices of institutions and programmes, expands admission opportunities, eliminates multiple admissions, and provides easily retrievable data for decision making and research on the Education Sector in the country.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘marketplace’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
CAPS automates the process, and some other innovations are also being introduced. And these include:
- opportunities for candidates to confirm provisional admissions, thus eliminating cases of candidates abandoning admissions;
- market place to enable institutions to source candidates from the available pool based on various criteria such as JAMB score, State, Local Government and even gender of the candidates
- the requirement for all awaiting O/L results candidates to upload their results into the JAMB portal before being considered for admission
- admissions can be processed in batches and instantaneously, with candidates being able to check their admission status at any point in time on the JAMB portal.
Some institutions may not publish the list of candidates admitted into their various programmes on their portal or notice board. So, admission seekers are advised to check JAMB CAPS to continually track their admission status.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you accept the admission, your admission quest is over as you will no longer be available for other schools’ admission consideration. On the other hand, if you reject the admission, you become available to other schools with free admission slots for admission consideration.
How to ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS
Admission seekers can check, accept or reject their admission on JAMB CAPS using internet-enabled devices such as computers, tablets and mobile phones.
Below is the procedure to check, accept or reject admission using a computer/mobile device.
ACCEPT or REJECT Admission on JAMB CAPS Using Computer
- STEP 1: Visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/ which is the JAMB E-facility portal
- STEP 2: Enter the Email Address and Password you created during registration in the required columns and then log in
- STEP 3: Now, locate and click on Check Admission Status
- STEP 4: Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column, and click on the ‘Access my CAPS’ button
- STEP 5: Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel
- STEP 6: Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile
- STEP 7: You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’