ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

FG Spent N9bn To Restore Vandalised Electricity Infrastructure In North – Adelabu

Adelabu, in clarifying a report about the N8billion in the 2025 budgetary allocations of the ministry, said that the amount is specifically meant for advocacy, education, enlightenment, and provision of technology to protect power infrastructure.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
January 23, 2025
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Adelabu

Adelabu has stated that FG spent N9bn to restore vandalised electricity infrastructure in the North.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the federal government spent over N9 billion to restore vandalised power infrastructure in the Northern part of Nigeria in 2024.

Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, who made this known, decried the increasing cases of infrastructure vandalism across the country, stating that the continued cases of vandalism were undermining the government’s effort towards ensuring adequate power supply to Nigerians.

 

Adelabu, in clarifying a report about the N8billion in the 2025 budgetary allocations of the ministry, said that the amount is specifically meant for advocacy, education, enlightenment, and provision of technology to protect power infrastructure.

 

ALSO: Customers Panic As Hacker Breaks Into Moniepoint Vault, Steals N1.2 Billion

“It is also to enlighten Nigerians on the need to protect and take ownership of the power infrastructure and other national assets. This is contrary to claims in some quarters that the money was meant for sensitisation on payment of electricity bills,” he said in a statement issued by Bolaji Tunji, the special adviser to the minister on strategic communications and Media Relations on Thursday.

 

According to the minister, the federal government, through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), spent over N9 billion to restore transmission towers and lines destroyed by the terrorists on the Shiroro-Mando-Kaduna power line which led to a total blackout in some parts of northern Nigeria last year.

 

He also disclosed that efforts to complete repairs on the transmission lines were facing setbacks due to the activities of bandits in the areas.

“Let me also use this opportunity to tell Nigerians that it costs the TCN over N9 billion to bring back the transmission towers and lines destroyed by the terrorists on the Shiroro-Mando-Kaduna line which threw substantial parts of northern Nigeria into darkness last year, up till now, we are yet to complete work on the lines due to activities of bandits who have continued to stagnate efforts to repair some of the lines.

 

“It is our belief that the advocacy we are proposing should be able to redirect the minds of those who are bent on taking us backward in our effort to provide efficient, effective, and uninterrupted electricity to Nigerians. Only last weekend, almost half of Abuja was thrown into darkness as a result of the activities of the vandals.

 

“The history of vandalism of the nation’s power infrastructure is legendary. However, in recent years, it has escalated and in over one year, it has continued to increase at an alarming rate. We have suffered sustained and more violent attacks on our infrastructure.

 

“If you recall, for over two weeks last year, almost the entire northern part of the country was thrown into darkness, as bandits and terrorists, not just vandals, attacked our transmission lines and towers on the Shiroro-Mando-Kaduna transmission lines. Dynamites were used to bring down the towers and the lines. This is just one of many such attacks across the nation,” he added.

Adelabu further reiterated the government’s effort to address the incessant cases of power grid collapse through the commencement of the second phase of the Siemens project which is expected in the first quarter of 2025. This phase, he said, will see the construction of 14 brownfield substations and 20 greenfield substations.

 

According to him, the pilot stage of the project ensured the installation of 8 power transformers and 5 mobile substations in the following states including; Okene, Kogi; Amukpe, Delta; Ihovbor, Edo; Apo, Abuja; Maryland, Lagos; Potiskum, Yobe; Ajah, Lagos; Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi; Jebba, Niger; Kwanar-dangora, Kano; UI, Oyo; Sapade, Ogun.

 

“On the issue of incessant grid collapse, efforts are continuing to tackle the problems. It is a known fact that over the years, the infrastructure has been neglected and allowed to decay to a state of dilapidation. These are being gradually tackled. The Siemens project is one of the ways of tackling this. The pilot stage of the Siemens project was to ensure the installation of 10 power transformers and the mobile substations across the country and so far, is about 95 per cent completed.

 

‘’So far, we have installed eight power transformers and 5 mobile substations in the following States; Okene, Kogi; Amukpe, Delta; Ihovbor, Edo; Apo, Abuja; Maryland, Lagos; Potiskum, Yobe; Ajah, Lagos; Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi; Jebba, Niger; Kwanar-dangora, Kano; UI, Oyo; Sapade, Ogun.

 

”The 2nd phase will see the construction of 14 brown field substations and 20 green field substations. Agreement has been signed for the construction of five substations starting Q1, already. This will further strengthen the grid capacity and reduce instances of grid collapse. Not only that, the SCADA project is still ongoing,” he stated.

Previous Post

Zenith Bank Implements Major Restructuring, Elevates Salaries And Promotions

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Approves Establishment of New University In South East

Next Post
FG

BREAKING: FG Approves Establishment of New University In South East

Trending Stories

Adelabu

FG Spent N9bn To Restore Vandalised Electricity Infrastructure In North – Adelabu

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

Step-by-Step Guide To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit Online

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Naira

Daily Black Market Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate Tracker, 30 November 2023

Nigeria Common Entrance Past Questions

Nigeria Common Entrance Past Questions & Answers | 2011 Till Date

Latest Stories

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Union Bank

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Sterling

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Tinubu Presidency

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki

Tinubu Confirms Killing of Top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in Joint Nigeria-US Military Operation

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria