Apply for massive Federal Government Scholarships Awards (BEA) to Study Overseas 2022/2023.
NewsOnline reports that the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Honourable Minister of Education is pleased to invite applications from interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2022/2023 Federal Government Scholarships Awards.
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Awards is for undergraduate and postgraduate studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt as well as China, Serbia and Romania.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Institutions in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt, China, Serbia and Romania
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Federal Government Scholarships Awards (BEA) 2022/23 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All undergraduate applicants must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- All postgraduate applicants must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. All applicants must have completed NYSC programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
FIELDS OF STUDY:
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
General Note for All Applicants:
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened 18th November 2021 to close 15th January, 2022. Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload the following certificates online
- UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE
- POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2022 are to visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page; Read the guidelines and then complete the Application Form Online.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022