ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Buhari Tweets For First Time Since FG Lifted Twitter Ban In Nigeria

by NewsOnline Nigeria
May 2, 2022
in Headline, Politics
0
Twitter Ban In Nigeria

President Buhari has tweeted for the first time since FG lifted the Twitter ban in Nigeria.

 

 

Newsonline reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has used Twitter for the first time since the federal government lifted the restriction on the microblogging platform.

 

ALSO: Prophet Iginla Releases Powerful Prophecy On 2023 Igbo Presidency

 

In June 2021, the federal government announced an indefinite suspension of Twitter’s operation after the platform deleted tweets by Buhari who had threatened to treat members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in the “language they understand”.

 

After talks with the social media service which lasted months, the restriction was lifted on January 13.

 

In a series of tweets to commemorate Eid-el-Fitr on Monday, Buhari spoke of how the fight against Boko Haram has been long and hard, but said victory is within sight.

 

After a period of fasting and reflection, this year, we have cause to welcome the occasion in hope. The battle waged against terrorists who falsely masquerade under the name of Islam is approaching its conclusion.

— Muhammadu Buhari (@MBuhari) May 2, 2022

 

 

 

“After a period of fasting and reflection, this year, we have cause to welcome the occasion in hope. The battle waged against terrorists who falsely masquerade under the name of Islam is approaching its conclusion,” he tweeted.

“The fight has been long and hard. Final victory is within sight. Boko Haram and its offshoots’ final embers are now fading. Last month, the leader of ISWAP was killed in an airstrike. Since the New Year, thousands of fighters have surrendered.

“The territories they used to occupy are now seeing the return of those who were forced to flee their barbarity. Normality is finally beginning to return to the Northeast. It is a long process. Yet it is one we are, together, now embarking upon.

“With the designation of bandit groups as terrorists, the challenges of banditry & kidnapping are being tackled differently in the north-west and north-central where the latest military acquisitions and armed forces are being fanned out across the region to thwart acts of terror.”

Buhari said his administration is working hard on every front to secure the country.

 

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Prophet Iginla Releases Powerful Prophecy On 2023 Igbo Presidency

Next Post

Latest NPower News For Toda Tuesday, 3 May 2022

Next Post
Npower News

Latest NPower News For Toda Tuesday, 3 May 2022

Trending Stories

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Twitter Ban In Nigeria

Buhari Tweets For First Time Since FG Lifted Twitter Ban In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Latest Stories

CAC

BREAKING: CAC Postpones Revised Service Fees to October 1, 2025

Police Service Commission

BREAKING: Police Service Commission Denies Commencement of 2025 Recruitment Process

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson’s New Single “PRESSURE” Surpasses 4000 Streams in Just Days

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

$80 Prepaid Customs Duty

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria