ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

BREAKING: Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu Driven Away From Edo Government House

Despite withdrawing a lawsuit, he initiated against Governor Godwin Obaseki, this action was taken by Phillip Shaibu, the Deputy Governor of Edo State.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
September 11, 2023
in Headline, Politics
0
Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu

Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu has been driven away from Edo Government House.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Phillip Shaibu, has shifted his office away from the Government House.

 

Despite withdrawing a lawsuit, he initiated against Governor Godwin Obaseki, this action was taken by Phillip Shaibu, the Deputy Governor of Edo State.

 

The new office is situated at No. 7, Dennis Osadebey Avenue, close to the Government House.

 

Sources close to the deputy governor told Channels Television that a letter was sent by the Head of Service to the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Deputy Governor instructing her to supervise the movement of civil servants and files to the new office.

 

An aide to Shaibu while confirming the development said

  • “We have been told to move and we have started movement today.
  • The memo was sent directly to the Permanent Secretary, It was a two-paragraph decided memo from the HoS but the civil servants are the ones moving right now.
  • The letter was sent to the PS so we are waiting for directives. The civil servants are moving today but we may move before the end of the week.”

Furthermore, it has been reported that the new office space is inhospitable due to the absence of electricity, waterlogging issues, and notably limited office space.

The state government had however insisted that the deputy governor’s new office is within the confines of the area designated as the Government House.

Backstory

It would be recalled that a statement issued by Shaibu last week withdrawing the suit said his decision was to respect the intervention of several individuals including religious, prominent Edo people, and the traditional institution, and appreciated the governor for agreeing on the peace initiatives.

The statement read:

  • “Re: SUIT NO. FHC/ABJ/CS/1027/2023 Between: – Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu and Inspector General of Police, State Security Service, The Governor of Edo State, and The Chief Judge of Edo State.
  • “Arising from the series of meetings held with me and also with Mr. Governor by well-meaning Edolites and indeed Nigerians including Party Leaders, Traditional Rulers, and my Archbishop, His Grace Most Rev’d Dr. Augustine Akubeze, the Archbishop of Benin Archdiocese on the issues that led to my going to Court on the above-named suit and with due respect to these eminent personalities and leaders whose persuasions and persons | cannot ignore, |, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu has authorized and instructed my Solicitors to withdraw the Suit forthwith.
  • “I wish to sincerely thank and appreciate these well-meaning Nigerians, Party Leaders, Traditional Rulers, and my Archbishop, His Grace Most Rev. Dr. Augustine Akubeze for their kind words, advice, and encouragement thus far in ensuring peace and unity in our dear State Edo. I also wish to place on record my special thanks to Mr. Governor, my boss, and my senior brother for this path of peace. Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Leaked Memo Implicates Folashodun Shonubi In Naira Redesign Policy Mess

Next Post

BREAKING: Zenith Bank Declares N15.70bn As Interim Dividend To Shareholders

Next Post
Zenith Bank

BREAKING: Zenith Bank Declares N15.70bn As Interim Dividend To Shareholders

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu

BREAKING: Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu Driven Away From Edo Government House

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria