ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: DCP Abba Kyari, Dariye, Nyame Escape During Attack On Kuje Facility

The attacks, which lasted some hours, were said to have been resisted by military personnel and prison guards on duty.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
July 6, 2022
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Kuje Facility

DCP Abba Kyari, Dariye and Nyame escaped during the attack on Kuje Facility.

 

 

Newsonline reports that some high-profile inmates at the Kuje Correctional Centre, Abuja may have escaped Tuesday night’s attacks on the facility by some gunmen.

BREAKING: Bandits Kill Assistant Commissioner of Police In Katsina

The attacks, which lasted some hours, were said to have been resisted by military personnel and prison guards on duty.

 

Sources said Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari and his men who were in the facility may have escaped from the facility.

Gunmen bombarded the facility with bombs and explosives on Tuesday night.

Former Plateau Governor Joshua Dariye and his Taraba counterpart Jolly Nyame who had been granted pardon by the National Council of States were also in the facility.

 

The Federal Government was yet to effect their release as of the time of the attacks.

 

Sources within the facility confided in The Nation that besides the high profile inmates, some terrorists and other criminals might have escaped in the thickness of the darkness and the gunfire from the attackers.

However, as of the time of filing this report, there was no official confirmation on the number of escapees and their profiles.

A source told our Correspondent it would be difficult to confirm if Kyari and his men were evacuated for safety before the attackers gained entrance into the facility.

 

He also said the same applied to the former Governors.

 

The Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Correctional Service, Francis Enobore and his FCT junior officer, Mr Humphrey Chukwuendo, could not be reached. Their mobiles were on switched off.

 

The Kuje Medium Custodial Centre came under heavy bombardments by terrorists on Tuesday night

The attacks, which caught the guards at facility unawares, threw the entire area into confusion.

It was learnt the first explosion, a high capacity bomb, went off around 10.25 pm.

 

Some accounts said It was followed by second and third blasts as well as sporadic gunshots which left the residents scampering into safety.

 

Security reports had alerted officials of the possible attacks on the facility.

It could not be ascertained if steps were taken by to prevent the attacks as of the time of filing this report.

 

 

 

Previous Post

Authorities Confirm Terrorists Attack On Kuje Prison In Abuja

Next Post

Saudi Arabia Extends Deadline For Nigerian Pilgrims

Next Post
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia Extends Deadline For Nigerian Pilgrims

Trending Stories

Kuje Facility

BREAKING: DCP Abba Kyari, Dariye, Nyame Escape During Attack On Kuje Facility

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria