• About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Thursday, February 19, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Organizers Speak On Suspending Nationwide Hunger Protests

“We are waiting for the government to respond to us and address our demands. And until then, the protests continue.”

by NewsOnline Nigeria
August 3, 2024
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Northern Youth Council

Organizers have spoken on suspending nationwide hunger protests following Adegboruwa’s call.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the organizers of the ongoing hunger protests in major states in Nigeria have refused to heed its solicitor, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa’s call for the suspension of the rioting amid widespread violence.

 

Damilare Adenola, Director of Mobilisation of the Take It Back Movement, disclosed this when he spoke on Channels Television on Friday.

 

ALSO: Uzodinma Exposes Cabal Sponsoring Protests Against Tinubu

 

Recall that Adegboruwa on Friday called on the protesters to pause action, citing that the protest had been hijacked resulting in loss of lives and properties.

However, Adenola said Adegboruwa does not speak for his group, though the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) had written to security agencies to seek protection for them before the rallies.

 

He insisted on the planned 10-day hunger protests despite Adegboruwa’s pleas.

 

Adenola said, “Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa is not our lawyer and he doesn’t speak for us. He might have presented himself as the solicitor but he is not hungry.

 

“He is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who lives well. He is not hungry like the people taking over the streets.

“We are waiting for the government to respond to us and address our demands. And until then, the protests continue.”

 

The protests which entered day two on Friday had already recorded at least 14 dead, while several were injured.

 

In Kano, Kaduna, Borno and other states, several private and public properties have been looted and destroyed amid the protests.

 

This is as the Military on Friday said it may intervene to support the Nigeria Police if the violence persists.

Previous Post

BREAKING: Uzodinma Exposes Cabal Sponsoring Protests Against Tinubu

Next Post

BREAKING: PDP Flays Tinubu Over Failure To Address Protesting Hungry Nigerians

Next Post
Nigeria’s Tragedy

BREAKING: PDP Flays Tinubu Over Failure To Address Protesting Hungry Nigerians

Trending Stories

No Content Available

Latest Stories

Rivers Assembly

BREAKING: Rivers Assembly Suspends Fubara Impeachment After Tinubu’s Intervention

Wema Bank

Wema Bank Announces 2026 International Women’s Day Grand Event for March 4

Tinubu

Tinubu Orders Direct Remittance of Oil and Gas Revenues to Federation Account, Cuts NNPC Deductions

Electoral Act 2026

President Tinubu Signs Controversial New Electoral Act 2026 Into Law Amid Protests

Unity Bank–Providus Bank Merger

Unity Bank–Providus Bank Merger on Track After Shareholders’ Approval, Meets CBN N200bn Capital Requirement

Jim Ovia

Zenith Bank Disowns ‘Wealth Bridge’ Investment Scheme, Warns Public Over Fake Jim Ovia Endorsement Video

FairMoney

“How FairMoney is Powering the Next Generation of Nigerian SMEs” By James Edeh

Nnamdi Kanu

‘Ooni Planning Title For Igboho’ – Monarch Urges Tinubu to Release Nnamdi Kanu or Return Him to UK, Kenya

Ash Wednesday

Nigeria Begins Ramadan 1447AH as NSCIA Confirms Crescent Moon, Christians Mark Ash Wednesday

Temu

NDPC Orders Investigation into Temu Over Alleged Nigeria Data Protection Act Violations

NewsOnline Nigeria

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: [email protected]

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria