ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 22, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home 2023 Elections

2023: Bola Tinubu London Holiday Causes Panic Among Supporters

Although the party claimed that the letter did not emanate from it, NewsOnline Nigeria findings revealed that party officials are worried that they may lose out in the contending battle in the party.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
October 1, 2022
in 2023 Elections, Headline
0
Bola Tinubu

Bola Tinubu London Holiday is causing panic among his supporters as the 2023 election campaign begins.

 

Newsonline reports that seventy-two hours since the official kickoff of the campaign for the 2023 general elections, the candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has been missing in action, generating concerns among his supporters.

 

This online newspaper understands that Bola Tinubu left the country unannounced on Sunday for the United Kingdom, fueling speculation that the candidate may be in the UK for medical attention, considering that he spent some months earlier in that country.

ALSO: 2023 Election: APC Presidential Spokesman Opens Up On Tinubu State Of Health

 

Ayo Ayelabowo, one of the members of the APC Council, while appearing on Arise TV, said Tinubu is resting in London because people will not allow him to rest in Lagos or Abuja.

“He is in London. Why he is in London, he cannot rest in Lagos, they will not let him rest. This man has been working an average of 20 hours each day. People said, you need to leave this country, you need to rest as campaigns are coming soon. We thought he could take a break by coming to Abuja but they won’t let him. The issue of today is that the invitation for the peace accord came in very late.”

In the course of the week, #WhereIsTinubu trended for some time, as the opposition mocked the former Governor of Lagos State for leaving the country in the middle of the campaign, making reference to suspicion on the health of Tinubu.

Among party supporters, specifically, online supporters, the absence of the candidate at the beginning of the campaign has left many worried. His absence at the peace accord signing organised by the National Peace Committee further put his supporters in a tight spot.

Opponents have made reference to the NBA conference, where Tinubu missed the event because he was in the UK, leaving behind his running mate to attend.

The FCT coordinator for Grassroot for Asiwaju, Abiodun Ibrahim, stated that having a time to rest does not indicate anything.

“This election is not for a few weeks or days, it is for months. Asiwaju started campaigning as far back as February. He won perhaps the hardest primary. In the course of the primaries, he visited several States in the federations, held meetings day and night.

“This campaign is a marathon, not a sprint, and I can assure you that Asiwaju is experienced enough to have a concrete plan. This is a campaign like no other. Go to the campaign headquarters, several support groups are struggling to register.

“We are not concerned about him taking a break or having strategic meetings. The last time he was in France, he held strategic meetings with different groups. He had a meeting with Governor (Nyesom) Wike’s group. We do not call him master strategist for nothing.”

This feeling was also espoused by the spokesperson of APC PCC, Festus Keyamo, who mocked those asking about the whereabouts of Tinubu.

“Whether he’s around or not, they’re scared. @officialABAT has become their nightmare. The inquiries are out of FEAR as to what he is up to. The biggest political strategy is to keep your opponent guessing! Even by mere absence, @officialABAT remains the issue in this campaign!,” he tweeted.

While he has been away, the ruling party has been in disarray over the Presidential Campaign Council, as governors threatened to withdraw support for the election.

Newsonline learnt that the governors had submitted five names each, but the Director-General of the campaign, Simon Lalong and the Secretary, James Faleke composed the list jettisoning the list of the governors.

But, the governors have been able to force the campaign council to bow to the governors and accommodate their interest by postponing the inauguration of the council, giving them time to expand the list.

Also, there is disquiet in the National Working committee led by Abdulahi Adamu. It would be recalled that a letter purportedly emanating from the office of the Chairman, accused Tinubu of reneging on the agreement reached with the party.

Although the party claimed that the letter did not emanate from it, NewsOnline Nigeria findings revealed that party officials are worried that they may lose out in the contending battle in the party.

Most officials of the party at the National Secretariat of party are wary of speaking to the press regarding the crisis rocking the party and the general uncertainty that has bedeviled the party.

Joe Igbokwe, a member of the party had posted on his Facebook, berating his party for having a poor rewarding system.

He complained that many, like Femi Fani-Kayode and the likes have been rewarded against party faithful.

The party even appointed Kassim Afegbua, a self-confessed non-APC member into the council, and an incumbent PDP Senator, Chimaroke Nnamani into the PCC.

Previous Post

Dangote Indicted Over Forceful Acquisition of Obajana Cement

Next Post

BREAKING: Appeal Tribunal Upholds Maikalangu As AMAC Chairman

Next Post
AMAC Chairman

BREAKING: Appeal Tribunal Upholds Maikalangu As AMAC Chairman

Trending Stories

Bola Tinubu

2023: Bola Tinubu London Holiday Causes Panic Among Supporters

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

Latest Stories

Tinubu

BREAKING: Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ‘Fake’ Agency in SGF Office

Tinubu Records Case

Tinubu Records Case: US Court Allows Private FBI Review, Sets August 28 Deadline

Northern Senators

Northern Senators Demand State Police After Adamawa, Sokoto Attacks

ICPC

BREAKING: ICPC Uncovers Another ‘Fake’ Agency Inside SGF Office

Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute

Inside Plaude’s $13.07m Dispute: Zacuten Claims $4.2m Unpaid as Fraud Concerns Mount

Plaude Scam

Zacuten Raises Alarm Over Alleged $4.2m Plaude Scam, Other Multi-Million-Dollar Fraud

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria