ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

FG Breaks Silence On Nembe Oil Spillage

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 25, 2021
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
Nembe Oil Spillage

FG has spoken on Nembe Oil Spillage.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the Federal Government said President Muhammadu Buhari is worried about the oil spill in Nembe and is committed to addressing the cause of the spill, urging attention from all stakeholders towards addressing the problem.

 

This was disclosed by Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, on Wednesday during an on-the-spot assessment of the oil spill site of the AITEO facility in Bayelsa, alongside Mr Gbenga Komolafe, Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) and King Biobelemoye Josiah, traditional ruler of Opu-Nembe Kingdom, among others.

 

The Minister noted that President Buhari, who is very concerned about the spill, sent him to have an on-the-spot assessment of the situation.

 

What the Minister said

“He feels the pains of the people and wants urgent steps taken to address the problem,” Sylva said.

He added that the oil spill was a serious environmental concern that needed urgent measures to curtail, noting that no stone would be unturned in dealing with the environmental problem.

“So much damage has been done to the environment in the Niger Delta region and the government is very much concerned about the situation and will not allow further degradation of the environment,” he added.

He disclosed also, that relevant agencies have been deployed by the FG to tackle the spill.

Mr Gbenga Komolafe, Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) said they were in Basambri on the instructions of the President to see things for themselves, adding that the commission would ensure the operators worked within acceptable international standards to impact positively on people’s lives in the community.

 

In case you missed it

 

NewsOnline Nigeria had earlier that the federal government directed AITEO Eastern Exploration and Production Company Ltd (AEEPCo), to stop operating in the Nembe oil spill area of Bayelsa State until a proper investigation is carried out.

The Ministry of Environment in a statement said, “The Federal Government has directed the exploration company, AITEO Eastern Exploration and Production Company Limited (AEEPCo), to halt operations in the area until proper investigation is carried out.

“Also, adequate measures will be put in place to ensure the safety of lives and property in the area.”

It can be recalled that the spill occurred on Nov. 5, 2021, in the form of a fountain within the proximity of Opu Nembe Community at Well 1, Wellhead located at the Southern Field of Santa Barbara.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Latest Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today Thursday 25th November 2021

Next Post

BREAKING: Naira Further Crashes At Official Market, See New Exchange Rate

Next Post
naira

BREAKING: Naira Further Crashes At Official Market, See New Exchange Rate

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Nembe Oil Spillage

FG Breaks Silence On Nembe Oil Spillage

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria