ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 31, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Wike reduces FCT C-of-O fee from N5 million to N3.5 million

the downward review of the fee appears to be a reaction to the objection by stakeholders and key players in the real estate sector to the initially announced N5 million.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 25, 2023
in Headline
0
FCT C-of-O fee

Wike has reduced the FCT C-of-O fee from N5 million to N3.5 million.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has announced the reduction of the fee for issuance of Certificates of Occupancy (C-of-Os) for plots of land in Abuja from N5 million to N3.5 million.

 

This Nigeria news platform understands that the downward review of the fee appears to be a reaction to the objection by stakeholders and key players in the real estate sector to the initially announced N5 million.

 

SEE ALSO: President Tinubu makes fresh appointment, orders total reforms

 

According to a statement by the Director of Press (Office of the FCT Minister), Anthony Ogunleye, this was made known by Wike during his second monthly ministerial press briefing on Friday, November 24, in his office in Abuja.

 

Wike had indicated days ago that there would be a downward review of the C-of-O fee, which, he maintained, is a flat rate for all sizes of land regardless of the location of the land in the FCT.

 

The statement partly reads, “Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy will now cost N3.5 million, a reduction from the previously proposed cost of N5 million.’’

But Mr Wike said the payment of the N3.5 million would not apply for re-certification, but only for the issuance of new certificates.

 

Wike said, “Those who have C-of-O don’t need to pay this money. The highest you can pay is maybe N50,000 and for corporate bodies, maybe N100,000 because you already have C-of-O. All you are doing is to recertify to incorporate these new features.’’

 

The minister said the decision to reduce the cost of C-of-O was based on the recommendations of the Task Force set up on the issuance of the certificate in mass housing estates and recovery of land use contravention fees.

 

It may be recalled that the Taskforce had proposed the payment of N5 million which was largely objected to by key players in the real estate industry and FCT residents.

 

It added that this prompted the setting up of an “interface between estate developers as well as residents’ associations”.

 

The minister had, during that meeting, hinted at the possibility of a downward review of the cost of issuance of the land document.

 

He equally stated that new security features such as the National Identification Number (NIN) and the Bank Verification Number (BVN) for individuals and corporate organizations, respectively, would be incorporated in the new certificates.

Newsonline Nigeria recalls that some days ago, Wike had disclosed that the FCT Administration had pegged the cost of issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy (C- of-O) at N5 million.

 

He said payment could be made within 4 months of land allocation after which the C-of-O would be handed over to the applicant.

 

He added that he would seek the approval of President Bola Tinubu to link applicants’ National Identification Number to C-of-Os before issuance.

The minister also said the era where 3 or more persons were allocated the same plot of land with fake C-of-O was over.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Daily Black Market Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate Tracker, 25 November 2023

Next Post

FG begins construction of CNG conversion sites with Portland Gas Partnership

Next Post
CNG conversion sites

FG begins construction of CNG conversion sites with Portland Gas Partnership

Trending Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Jason Benson Biography

Jason Benson Biography: OfficialJaceBen Music, Age, Genre, Wikipedia, Family

Speaker Abbas

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

FCT C-of-O fee

Wike reduces FCT C-of-O fee from N5 million to N3.5 million

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Latest Stories

Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead

BREAKING: Former IGP Solomon Arase Is Dead, How Arase Died In Abuja Hospital

El-Rufai

ADC: Police Launch Probe After Violence Erupts at Alleged El-Rufai Political Gathering

Kabiru Marafa

Shockwaves in Northern Politics: Kabiru Marafa, Allies Dump APC Over Injustice and Security Failures

Budget Office DG

Naira Rebounds on Oil Receipts, Diaspora Remittances, and FX Reforms – Budget Office DG

Naira

Naira Gains Slightly Against Dollar Amid Rising Diaspora Remittances and FX Inflows

Speaker Abbas

BREAKING: Speaker Abbas Orders Probe Into Alleged Unfair Recruitment in House of Reps

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria

U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria to Close September 1 for Labor Day

Cutix Q1 Profit

Cutix Q1 Profit Plunges 81% Amid Rising Input and Finance Costs

PadHer

PadHer Secures $140,000 Grant to Scale Menstrual Health Education in Ghana

NDLEA

NDLEA Intercepts Over 500,000 Opioid Pills, Destroys 71.5-Hectare Cannabis Farm in Nationwide Raids

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria