UNN Students Hostel On Fire

Popular UNN Students Hostel has been gutted by fire.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the popular University of Nigeria, Nsukka students hostel gutted fire on Sunday night.

The UNN Students hostel identified as Akintola/Akpabio, Newsonline Nigeria gathered gutted fire around 8:30pm on Sunday.

 

According to investigations by Newsonline Nigeria, the Akintola/Akpabio hostel was gutted after a leaking gas exploded.

 

A student of the institution who anonymously spoke to our reporter said, “yes, there is a fire incident in my hostel currently. It happened around 8:30 pm when DJs making announcements came around playing music.

She further told Newsonline Nigeria that the fire outbreak was due to gas leakage in a female student’s room inside the Akintola/Akpabio hostel.

 

As of the time of filing this report, no casualty has been recorded and the fire has been brought under control by the school management’s prompt response.

 

Meanwhile, further investigations by Newsonline Nigeria showed that the School Management banned her students from using cooking gas in hostels but some of the students do violate the order.

Popular UNN Students Hostel On Fire (Video)

 

 

SOURCE: NEWSONLINE NIGERIA