ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

NPC Seeks Extra N256bn For 2023 Census Training, Others

2023 CensusKwarra also requested President Bola Tinubu’s approval for an additional N225.2bn to cover training and fieldwork allowances, retraining of trainers, and the conduct of a second-class Trial Census.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
July 7, 2023
in Headline, Economy And Business
0
2023 Census Training

NPC is seeking for extra N256bn for 2023 Census Training, Others.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC), Nasir Kwarra, Thursday in Abuja, requested the release of the allocated N31 billion capital allocation, in the 2023 budget, for preparatory activities ahead of the census.

This Nigeria News Platform understands that Kwarra also requested President Bola Tinubu’s approval for an additional N225.2bn to cover training and fieldwork allowances, retraining of trainers, and the conduct of a second-class Trial Census. He also pegged the total cost of the exercise at N546.72bn.

He was at the State House to brief the President on the Implementation Status of the 2023 Population and Housing Census, where he requested the issuance of a proclamation for a new Census date later in 2022 or early 2024.

The President’s Special Adviser on Special Duties, Communications and Strategy, Dele Alake, revealed this in a statement he signed on Thursday titled ‘Population Census: President Tinubu pledges support for NPC, calls for data integrity.’

The NPC Chairman noted that the Commission had trained 60,000 instructors who would further train enumerators and supervisors.

He said plans were being concluded for final training but were disrupted due to the transition programme for a new government and funding challenges.

This necessitated the postponement of the exercise by the immediate-past President Muhammadu Buhari, he explained.

Kwarra also highlighted the funding challenges faced by the Commission, saying they were waiting on the President to support NPC and approve the conduct of the census.

He said the agency had demarcated the entire country, stating that only one or two places were left and that this would be done soon.

In a paper titled “Implementation Status of the 2023 Population and Housing Census,” the NPC requested the release of the allocated N31 billion capital allocation, in the 2023 budget, for preparatory activities.

The Commission put the total cost of the Census, after a methodology review, at N546.72 billion.

Kwarra also requested the President’s approval for an additional N225.2 billion to cover training and fieldwork allowances, retraining of trainers, and the conduct of a second-class Trial Census.

President Tinubu was also asked to approve and convene a stakeholders’ meeting with the organised private sector and foreign partners to galvanise funds for the Census.

On the preparations made so far, the NPC Boss informed the President that Nigeria had developed a helpful database for national planning, infrastructure development and revenue generation for the government.

“NPC, having completed Mapping in March 2022, tested the market with the geospatial data by making it available to researchers at a ‘test price’ where it generated over N5 million through REMITA.

“To this end, with fully integrated spatial and statistical data, government geospatial policy and coordination, NPC can generate up to $14 billion and further save a lot of resources for the nation through automation of economic planning by 2028,” Kwarra said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

INEC Files Six Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC Ari

Next Post

King Charles Launches Scheme Aimed At Eradicating Unemployment In Nigeria

Next Post
King Charles

King Charles Launches Scheme Aimed At Eradicating Unemployment In Nigeria

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

2023 Census Training

NPC Seeks Extra N256bn For 2023 Census Training, Others

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Latest Stories

Peter Obi

BREAKING: Labour Party Writes Tinubu To Arrest, Prosecute Peter Obi Over Treasonable Felony

Senator Kabiru Marafa

Senator Kabiru Marafa Resigns from APC, Cites Betrayal and Division

$80 Prepaid Customs Duty

FG Slams $80 Prepaid Customs Duty On Nigerians For Postal Shipments To U.S

Minister Wike

BREAKING: Minister Wike Confims Governor Fubara’s Return Date

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria