Nigerian Newspapers, Read Top 10 Newspaper Headlines for Friday, March 25, 2022, below.
Newsonline has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the top 10 Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday night, hosted the founding fathers of the All Progressives Congress (APC), including the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu, to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, in Abuja. The President organised the dinner to show appreciation to the critical stakeholders for their continued support, understanding and cooperation to his administration.
2. INEC has said it cannot yet take a stance on the controversy surrounding the ruling which sacked Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State. A National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee (IVEC), Festus Okoye, said this at the end of the management meeting of the commission, on Thursday.
3. The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Iyorchia Ayu, says zoning has come to stay in the opposition party. Speaking while inaugurating the 37-member zoning committee at the party’s headquarters in Abuja, on Thursday, he tasked presidential aspirants of the party to accept the outcome of the committee.
4. Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has said he is not aware that President Muhammadu Buhari endorsed some candidates for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Convention. There has been a crisis in the ruling party over the endorsement of some persons for National Working Committee (NWC) positions of the APC.
5. A national leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has said that Nigeria remains locked in place, noting that its economy is unjustly designed to export raw materials and import increasingly expensive finished products. He spoke during a convocation lecture in Lagos.
6. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has charged the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, not to attend or monitor the APC convention slated for Saturday, describing it as a “jamboree”. The party in a statement by Hon. Debo Ologunagba, its National Publicity Secretary, said the INEC would be going outside its statutory mandate under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 and the Electoral Act 2022 by “attending or monitoring the purported APC National Convention.”
7. There is panic among residents of Kabusa community in the Federal Capital Territory over the disappearance of three siblings. The children, Marvelous, Alex and Rehoboth Sunday, were said to have gone missing from their school, Star Child Academy, on Tuesday.
8. The Appeal Court in Abuja on Thursday struck out an appeal filed by the Senator Abubakar Gada-led faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Sokoto State for lack of territorial jurisdiction. There has been an ongoing battle for the soul of Sokoto APC between Senators Aliyu Wamakko and Abubakar Gada.
9. Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, Thursday, attacked Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State for saying that he was the mastermind behind his (Umahi) current legal imbroglio in the country. Umahi, who claimed to be better than Wike, said he was a billionaire at the age of 25. Umahi stated this while fielding questions from State House correspondents in Abuja.
10. The Commissioner of Police (CP) in Kebbi State, Musa Baba, has warned officers and men of the Command that the rumoured strike by police personnel is mutiny and disobedience to a lawful order. Baba gave the warning while speaking with the officers and men of the Command in Birnin Kebbi, on Thursday.