Link to apply for NSIA Prize for Innovation NPI 2023 for the $250000 Prize can be accessed below.
NewsOnline reports that NSIA Prize for Innovation (NPI) is sponsored by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) to bolster innovation in Nigeria’s digital ecosystem, and support homegrown solutions that can drive socioeconomic development.
1) Pre-selection Stage: At this stage, innovators submit their applications through an application portal. Applicants are expected to provide details regarding their digital products/services and business models.
2) Accelerator Stage: Shortlisted innovators will participate in an accelerator programme designed to train, mentor and equip them with the tools required to succeed. Participants at this stage will be judged by an independent panel of expert judges and ten (10) finalists will move on to the final stage (demo day).
ALSO: FG Begins Npower/NSIP Program Transition Process To New Administration
3) Final Stage (Demo Day): Each of the ten (10) finalists will be allotted time slot to present their pitch to the judges. The judging panel will review the submission and rank the winners from 1st to 10th.
- One of the founders must be a Nigerian Citizen
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must be running Innovative tech-focused or tech enabled businesses/startups
- The business should have operated for not less than six months and operating in or with a presence in Nigeria
- The business should be looking to raise a seed round
- The business should have developed a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Applicants must be willing and able to commit to a 4-week fast track accelerator program
- Only one application is permitted per applicant irrespective of the sector. Subsequent applications will be disqualified
The programme will focus on technology-enabled businesses in the following sectors:
a. Financial Services
f. Logistics & E-mobility
g. E-commerce & Marketplaces
First prize: $100,000
Second prize: $70,000
Third prize: $50,000
4TH to 10TH: $5,000 each
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply via https://nsia-ip.com