ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Sunday, August 16, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Education

JAMB Identifies 1Million Fake Admissions, Tells Students What To Do

by NewsOnline Nigeria
March 18, 2022
in Education, Headline
0
Latest JAMB News

JAMB registration 2022

JAMB has identified 1Million fake admissions, tells students to hold their institution responsible for admission letters.

 

 

Newsonline reports that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has asked students to hold their institutions responsible for their inability to access their administration letters.

 

READ ALSO: UTME News: Federal Lawmaker Proposes 3-Year Validity For JAMB Results

 

JAMB said its advice to students was predicated on a series of complaints by students that it was delaying their call to the mandatory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, through delay in issuance of their admission letters.

JAMB said in a statement by its Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin, Thursday, that issuance of admission letters to students could only be facilitated by schools through upload of students’ particulars.

The statement read thus: “The attention of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has been drawn to complaints by some candidates on their inability to obtain their admission letters which would qualify them to proceed on the one-year mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or obtain exemption letters as the case may be.

 

“This phenomenon is especially true of products of undisclosed illegal institutional admissions conducted outside the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) between 2017 and 2020.

“The series of complaints emanated from the frustrations of these set of students who are expressing anger at the lack of formal recognition of their degrees by relevant authorities.

“Consequently, the Hon. Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, had out of compassion, approved a final condonement of these underhand admissions.

“It should be recalled that based on that act of magnanimity, the Board had placed relevant advertisements in three national dailies (Blueprint, Guardian and Vanguard) of 24th November 2021.

“The same notice was featured on the Board’s website coupled with an easy-to-use Advisory issued to all institutions of higher learning to guide them on how these candidates could be redeemed.

“Based on available data close to one million undisclosed illegal institutional admissions were disclosed so far. What is, however, surprising is that, as of today, less than 5% of such students’ details had been uploaded on the Board portal by the institutions as required.

” It is even more egregious to note that even among the few that had been uploaded by the schools on the Board portal many of the schools had not correctly keyed in their details.

“The Board, therefore, uses this medium to appeal to institutions to immediately upload appropriately the matriculation numbers, names, disciplines, year of graduation and other necessary details of the candidates for the Board to process the candidates’ condonement applications.

“The Board reiterates that it is incumbent on the institutions to correctly key in the details of the candidates as illustrated on the advisory issued to institutions, advertised in the dailies and on the Board’s website for the prompt processing of candidates retroactive admission letters for them to obtain necessary clearance for their hitherto underhand admissions.”

Previous Post

UTME News: Federal Lawmaker Proposes 3-Year Validity For JAMB Results

Next Post

Why EFCC Arrested Former Governor Willie Obiano Revealed

Next Post
Former Anambra Governor Obiano

Why EFCC Arrested Former Governor Willie Obiano Revealed

Trending Stories

Latest JAMB News

JAMB Identifies 1Million Fake Admissions, Tells Students What To Do

Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Governorship Election 2026 Live Updates, Polling Unit Results and Latest News

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Osun Election Results

Osun Election Results 2026: Live Updates From 30 Local Government Areas

Ademola Adeleke Biography

Ademola Adeleke Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Controversy

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Osun Governorship Election Results

BREAKING: INEC Uploads 37% of Osun Governorship Election Results to IReV

Latest Stories

Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

Osun Election Results

Osun Election Results 2026: Live Updates From 30 Local Government Areas

Osun Governorship Election Results

BREAKING: INEC Uploads 37% of Osun Governorship Election Results to IReV

Adeleke

Adeleke Demands Release of Osun PDP Chairman Sunday Bisi

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Election Results 2026: Live Polling Unit Updates as Vote Counting Begins

Governor Ademola Adeleke

BREAKING: Ademola Adeleke Coasts To Victory in Osun Governorship Election

Lesson360 Founder Ekweoba Arnold Chukwuebuka

Lesson360 Founder Ekweoba Arnold Chukwuebuka Receives 2026 Nelson Mandela Impact Makers Award

Osun Governorship Election Results

Osun Governorship Election 2026 Live Updates, Polling Unit Results and Latest News

American Missionary Kevin Rideout

BREAKING: American Missionary Kevin Rideout Freed After Nine Months in Niger Captivity

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria