ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

‘How Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited Withheld FG’s N32bn Metre Fund’ – Adelabu

The statement indicated that to kick start the project, a revolving metering loan of N32bn was released to Messrs Ziklagsis.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
March 21, 2024
in Crime Watch, Top Stories
0
Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited

 Adebayo Adelabu has given an account of how Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited withheld FG’s N32bn Metre Fund for over 20 years.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu has explained how a private company reportedly held on to N32bn paid into its account in 2003 for the supply of three million prepaid metres.

 

According to a statement by the minister’s Special Adviser, Strategic Communications and Media Relations, Bolaji Tunji, on Wednesday, the Federal Government had entered a tripartite agreement with Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited and Unistar International in 2003 for the supply of three million meters to distribution companies in the country, within three years.

 

The statement indicated that to kick start the project, a revolving metering loan of N32bn was released to Messrs Ziklagsis.

 

“The agreement was not implemented while the fund remained in the bank account of Ziklagsis at the then Prudent Bank from where it moved to Skye Bank, Polaris and lately, Providus Bank,” the statement read.

 

With the privatisation of distribution, Adelabu said the government proposed the metering of Ministries, Departments and Agencies in order to accurately determine the consumption of these MDAs and also reduce accumulated debts, saying “This was what led to the initiative to metre military formations nationwide.”

 

While debunking reports that due process was not followed in the mass metering project of military formations, which began last week, Adelabu recalled that the Nigerian Army, worried by its huge electricity debt, wrote a letter to the presidency requesting intervention to pay off the outstanding debt and the metering of their

 

The Federal Government, he said, directed the ministry to look into the Army’s request and utilise the N32bn with Ziklagsis.

The statement added, “It was then that Ziklagsis was introduced to the Nigerian Army by the Ministry of Power. It was around this period that the Nigerian Army also introduced De Haryor Global Services to Ziklagsis to enable them to work together.

 

“In November 2022, discussion began on the project among the parties and an agreement was signed between the Nigerian Army as a client, Messrs Ziklagsis as project supervisor and De Haryor Global Services as a service provider to commence the metering projects in Army barracks at a cost of N12.7billion, under the MDAs metering project. This predates the appointment of Adelabu as Minister of Power. In spite of this, the money was not released to the service provider that had already gone ahead to seek funds for the acquisition of smart metres.

 

“Concerned about the over eight million metre gap in the country and the liquidity squeeze in the Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry, the minister wondered how money meant for a national project could be held up untouched for over 20 years by an individual.

 

“He, therefore, mounted pressure and escalated the matter to the presidency for the retrieval of the revolving fund from Messrs Ziklagsis plus accrued interest to date. This was duly approved by the President. Upon the President’s approval, N12.7 billion was therefore to be released in tranches to De Haryor Global Services to commence installation of already procured smart meters.

 

“The minister should therefore be commended for his effort in ensuring the recovery of the revolving metre fund which had been untouchable for over 20 years, thus enabling the eventual take-off of the project.”

Previous Post

Nigerian Armed Forces Neutralized 974 Terrorists In February – FG

Next Post

President Tinubu Proposes N60m Annual Pay For Supreme Court Justices

Next Post
FG Cash Transfer

President Tinubu Proposes N60m Annual Pay For Supreme Court Justices

Trending Stories

Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited

‘How Messrs Ziklagsis Network Limited Withheld FG’s N32bn Metre Fund’ – Adelabu

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Nigeria Common Entrance Past Questions

Nigeria Common Entrance Past Questions & Answers | 2011 Till Date

Futurepassports.com

Overview of Migration Company Futurepassports.com

Nnamdi Kanu

EXCLUSIVE: Watch Intimate Video Of Nnamdi Kanu With Brazil Woman FG Used To Lured Him To Kenya

Alexx Ekubo Biography

Alexx Ekubo Biography, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Source of Wealth

Latest Stories

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Union Bank

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Sterling

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Tinubu Presidency

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki

Tinubu Confirms Killing of Top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in Joint Nigeria-US Military Operation

APC

APC Releases Full List of ‘Not Cleared’ House of Reps Aspirants Ahead of 2027 Primaries

Amaka Onwughalu

Fidelity Bank Chairman Amaka Onwughalu Wins ‘Women on Bank Boards’ Award at AWBFA 2026

Education

From Classrooms to Despair: Why Many Nigerian Youths Now See Education as a Scam

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria