NPC Chairman has disclosed that FG spent N200bn on the postponed census.
NewsOnline reports that the Chairman National Population Commission (NPC) Hon. Nasir Isa-Kwarra on Thursday said N200bn has been spent so far on preparations for the postponed 2023 housing and population census.
This online newspaper understands that Isa-Kwarra said this in Abuja during a breakfast meeting with media executives.
The NPC chairman said though N800bn was budgeted for the exercise, only N224bn was presently released by the Federal Government.
President Muhammadu Buhari postponed the census after several meetings with stakeholders in late April.
The government said the incoming administration of President-Elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will decide on the date the exercise will hold.
The NPC, after the official announcement of the postponement, told reporters the exercise was postponed to calm tension in the country.