ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

FG Commits N291bn To 2023 Population, Housing Census

While giving a breakdown, he said what is required for the Census is N626 billion, which is $1.36 billion which is about $6 per capita, slightly above the threshold of up to $5 per capita.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
March 6, 2023
in Headline, Featured
0
Former President Buhari

President Buhari

FG has committed N291bn to the 2023 population and housing census.

 

NewsOnline reports that the Federal Government (FG) on Monday said it has so far committed N291.5 billion to conduct the 2023 Population and Housing Census.

 

This was even as it stated that N243 billion will be needed for post-Census activities up to 2025.

 

The Minister of State for Budget and Planning, Clem Agba made the disclosure at the High-Level Partners Engagement to Seek Support for the conduct of the 2023 population and housing census, held in Abuja.

 

ALSO: Governor Wike Mocks Atiku Over Protest To INEC Headquarters

 

He said the total requirement for the Census including post-Census activities is N869 billion, stressing that the exercise which was initially planned for 2022, was moved to after the elections this year.

 

While giving a breakdown, he said what is required for the Census is N626 billion, which is $1.36 billion which is about $6 per capita, slightly above the threshold of up to $5 per capita.

 

He said: “So far, the Government has committed N291.5 billion ($632m) to the Census, making it 46% of total funding for the Census.”

 

The Minister, however, stressed that an additional immediate sum of N327.2b ($709.9m) is required to complete the Census.

 

Similarly, he identified funding, security and culture as key challenges, noting that all the LGAs in the country would be captured except for Abadam, a remote area in Borno State due to the adverse security situation.

 

However, he said hybrid technology would be deployed in such LGA.

 

In the same vein, Agba disclosed that the Census exercise earlier scheduled for March is now recommended to hold in May.

 

On his part, the Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC), Hon Nasir Isa Kwarra, assured that funds given to the commission will be judiciously managed.

 

“I, therefore, thank our donor partners for joining hands with the Nigeria Government and National Population Commission in particular in realizing the dream of providing the needed demographic data that will place our country on the pedestal of sustainable development.”

Previous Post

Governor Wike Mocks Atiku Over Protest To INEC Headquarters

Next Post

BREAKING: Soludo Speaks On Plot To Assassinate Peter Obi After Nigeria Elections

Next Post
Peter Obi

BREAKING: Soludo Speaks On Plot To Assassinate Peter Obi After Nigeria Elections

Trending Stories

Former President Buhari

FG Commits N291bn To 2023 Population, Housing Census

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Ann Mbene, founder and weight loss consultant at HueBeautyGlam

Ann Mbene On Breaking The Weight Loss Stigma in Nigeria

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Abel Enitan

BREAKING: Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service of the Federation

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

South Africa

BREAKING: FG Orders South Africa to End Xenophobic Attacks Against Nigerians

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Latest Stories

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

UK

UK Warns Citizens Against Travel to Abuja, 30 Nigerian States (FULL LIST)

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Atiku

“How I Saved Obasanjo From Alleged Death Plot in Prison” – Atiku

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria