ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Friday, August 21, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

Details of Organized Labour Congress Meeting with FG Emerges

the Minister of Labour, Simon Bako Lalong, wnd the Minister of State for Labour, Hon. Nkeiruka Onyeajeocha, met with the striking unions on Wednesday.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
November 15, 2023
in Headline, Top Stories
0
Organized Labour

Details of the Organized Labour Congress meeting with FG have emerged.

 

Newsonline Nigeria reports that the ongoing nationwide strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, may come to an end soon following a “fruitful” meeting between the unions and the Federal Government.

 

This Nigeria news platform had earlier reported that the Minister of Labour, Simon Bako Lalong, and the Minister of State for Labour, Hon. Nkeiruka Onyeajeocha, met with the striking unions on Wednesday.

 

ALSO: Appeal Court Delivers Final Judgment on Lagos Governorship Election

 

The meeting took place at the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, Nuhu Ribadu, who was also in attendance.

 

The development came on the heels of the nationwide strike declared by organized labour over the brutalization of NLC President, Joe Ajaero in Owerri, Imo State on November 1.

 

The organized labour is demanding the arrest and prosecution of the suspected political thugs who attacked the NLC President and other workers while protesting unpaid salaries.

 

The strike action which commenced on Tuesday has crippled economic activities in some parts of the nation.

 

Speaking with journalists at the State House shortly after the meeting with the labour leaders, the Minister of Labour said the meeting was fruitful.

 

He explained that after robust discussions, the labour leaders have agreed to report back to their constituencies and revert.

 

He said, “The meeting was in respect to what happened especially in Imo State and this meeting has heavy security considerations that is why we took the meeting at the office of the National Security Adviser.

 

“All the labour leaders were also here with us. We had a very fruitful discussion. They have also agreed to take it back home to their constituencies so that they can suspend the strike.”

 

Also speaking, TUC President Comrade Festus Osifo said the Federal Government made several appeals and promises which may lead to the suspension of the strike.

 

He said, “We had a robust conversation where a lot of assurances were given in furtherance to the release that was made by the NSA this morning that some people have been apprehended.

 

“They made several appeals and promises to us so we said let’s go back and reappraise all the conversations we have had and we will communicate accordingly.”

Previous Post

Appeal Court Delivers Final Judgment on Lagos Governorship Election

Next Post

We are protesting against growing culture of violence, impunity under Tinubu – NLC

Next Post
Minimum Wage

We are protesting against growing culture of violence, impunity under Tinubu - NLC

Trending Stories

Organized Labour

Details of Organized Labour Congress Meeting with FG Emerges

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Canada

Canada Invites 1,000 Express Entry Candidates to Apply for Permanent Residence

Atiku

“How I Saved Obasanjo From Alleged Death Plot in Prison” – Atiku

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Latest Stories

Women with Larger Breasts

Study Links Hunger, Financial Insecurity to Men’s Preference for Women with Larger Breasts

House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan

US-Based Jeweller Accuses House of Reps Aspirant Olalekan Shogbesan of Owing $5,200

Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola

EFCC Arraigns Brookfield CEO Olatunji Adebola Over Alleged ₦990m Forex Fraud

IKEDC

Blackout: Lagos Residents Cry Out as IKEDC Areas Remain Without Power for Days

UK

UK Warns Citizens Against Travel to Abuja, 30 Nigerian States (FULL LIST)

Fuel Subsidy

BREAKING: Tinubu Government Blasts Atiku Over Plan to Restore Fuel Subsidy

Atiku

“How I Saved Obasanjo From Alleged Death Plot in Prison” – Atiku

FCMB Access Credentials Deal

EFCC Arraigns Two Over Alleged $15,000 FCMB Access Credentials Deal

NELFUND Student Loans

Tinubu Directs EFCC Recoveries, Unclaimed Dividends to Fund NELFUND Student Loans

Onaiyekan

Onaiyekan Defies Presidency, Says ‘I’m Not Afraid of Anybody’ Over Tinubu Meeting Remarks

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria