ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Education

Court Announces Date To Deliver Final Judgement On ASUU Strike

When the matter came up, Mr J.U.K. Igwe, SAN, informed the court that going by its directive on Monday that the claimant should file its process latest by Tuesday, that they had filed two processes.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
September 16, 2022
in Education, Headline
0
ASUU Strikes

Court has announced the date to deliver the final judgement on ASUU Strike.

 

Newsline reports that the National Industrial Court on Friday fixed September 19 to deliver a ruling on the Federal Government’s prayer asking the court to order the Academic Staff Union of Universities to call off its seven months strike.

 

ALSO: ASUU Finally Speaks On Ending Seven-Month Strike

 

The matter which was first mentioned on Monday was adjourned until Friday for further mention before Justice Polycarp Hamman.

When the matter came up, Mr J.U.K. Igwe, SAN, informed the court that going by its directive on Monday that the claimant should file its process latest by Tuesday, that they had filed two processes.

He added that the first one was a motion on notice dated and filed Monday for an interlocutory injunction.

Igwe further stated that the claimant also filed on the same date an affidavit of facts in support of the referral sent by the Minister of Labour and Employment.

He also averred that some questions were raised with a full complement of a written address, and submitted that the defendant had been served with proof of service before the court.

The counsel said that however, as at the time the court was sitting, he had not received a response from ASUU.

Igwe proceeded to urge the court to take the applications as it was ripe to be taken, stating that the matter is of national interest and urgent as millions of students have been at home since February 14.

Mr Femi Falana, SAN, counsel to ASUU in response acknowledged receiving the process from the claimant and stated that they were already filing their reply in the court’s registry.

Falana added that the Minister of Labour and Employment lacked the power to ask the court in his referral to order the defendant to go back to work.

He also informed the court that ASUU will be meeting stakeholders in the House of Representatives on September 20 to ensure that the matter is resolved.

Earlier Mr Ebun-Olu Adegoruwa, SAN, counsel to Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project had raised the issue of joinder and consolidation of the suit, citing section 36 of the 1999 constitution to fair hearing.

He submitted that the court should invoke the cited section in SERAP’s favour to be joined in the suit as a defendant and urged the court to take his application to that effect before entertaining any other application in the suit.

Adegoruwa said relief 3 of their application is for stay of further proceeding for the court to determine whether or not they will be a party in the suit.

He added that the process had been served on the claimant on Thursday.

He proceeded to seek to withdraw an earlier filed process dated Monday and sought to replace it with the one served on Thursday.

Igwe in response objected to Adegoruwa’s application, stating that he was in receipt of the application he filed on Monday, which was served to them on Thursday by 5 pm.

He also argued that it was the same application Adegoruwa was applying to withdraw.

He added that he had not received any process dated Thursday as claimed by Adegoruwa.

Adegoruwa in response stated that there was proof of service of the said application on the Attorney-general of the Federation on Thursday.

Falana said he was not objecting to Adegoruwa’s application seeking to be joined as a party in the suit and for the suit to be consolidated with the other one filed by SERAP as a claimant.

The court after listening to the submissions of counsels ruled that the application was not ripe to be taken as it was served at the Attorney-General’s office on Thursday.

The court in addition stated that the application for interlocutory injunction will be taken first on September 19 by 11 am.

The judge, therefore, adjourned the matter until September 19, for hearing.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Minister of Labour and Employment on behalf of the Federal Government had filed the matter before the court by way of referral to resolve the issue of the ongoing strike by ASUU. (NAN).

Previous Post

Punch Newspaper Requests Forfeited Assets’ Details From EFCC, ICPC

Next Post

Ekweremadu’s Daughter Gets Another Kidney Donor

Next Post
Ekweremadu’s Daughter

Ekweremadu’s Daughter Gets Another Kidney Donor

Trending Stories

ASUU Strikes

Court Announces Date To Deliver Final Judgement On ASUU Strike

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Notti Osama Video Footage

WATCH Notti Osama Video Footage Of Death On Tiktok, Twitter, & Reddit

Sex Tape

President 50-Year Old Daughter’s Sex Tape Breaks The Internet (WATCH HERE)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Step-by-Step Guide To Apply For Tinted Glass Permit Online

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video

Watch Viral Baltasar Engonga Wife Sex Video With Another Man Here

Latest Stories

Fubara

BREAKING: Fubara Forced Out of Rivers APC Governorship Primary Amid Supremacy Battle With Wike

Adewole Adebayo

BREAKING: Adewole Adebayo, 12 Others Expelled From Social Democratic Party (FULL LIST)

Tonye Cole

BREAKING: Tonye Cole Withdraws From Rivers APC Governorship Primary Race

Jonathan, AGF

BREAKING: Jonathan, AGF Move to Strike Out Suit Challenging 2027 Election Eligibility

Impact Investors Foundation

Impact Investors Foundation Unveils GESI Baseline Report at 4th Gender Impact Investment Summit in Lagos

Tokunbo Wahab

Ayobami Celebrates Tokunbo Wahab at 54 for Leadership, Mentorship and Public Service Impact

Union Bank

Union Bank Marks 2026 International Day of the Boy Child with School Outreach in Lagos

Sterling

Sterling Financial Deepens Market Confidence as Assets Cross ₦4tn, Profit Jumps 53% in Q1 2026

Tinubu Presidency

Tinubu Presidency Knocks Peter Obi Over Rwanda Trip Comments, Says Diplomacy Not ‘Reality TV’

ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki

Tinubu Confirms Killing of Top ISIS Leader Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki in Joint Nigeria-US Military Operation

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria