ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home 2023 Elections

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

Peter Obi of the Labour Party came third in last month's poll behind Atiku Abubakar and victor Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
March 21, 2023
in 2023 Elections, Headline
0
Presidential Election Tribunal

Certified true copies of Peter Obi’s petition against Tinubu at the Presidential election tribunal can be accessed below.

 

NewsOnline had earlier reported that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi on Tuesday, March 21 filed his petitions to the presidential elections tribunal to challenge Bola Tinubu’s victory in the February 25 presidential election.

 

Peter Obi of the Labour Party came third in last month’s poll behind Atiku Abubakar and victor Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress.

 

ALSO:  Peter Obi Demands Fresh Election Without Tinubu, APC Contesting In Petition

 

The petition, jointly filed by Obi and his party, has INEC, Tinubu, Shettima Kashim, and the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the respondents.

 

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

 

 

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi's Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi's Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi's Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

Here are the five prayers Obi and the Labour Party seek in their petition.

 

Obi and the Labour Party have requested five prayers in their petition, according to a report by local media reports.

Eligibility

Petitioners argue that Mr. Tinubu should not have been eligible to run for the top office, a spokesperson for Mr. Obi’s presidential campaign told the BBC on Tuesday.

Obi’s lead lawyer, Livy Uzoukwu also argued that the president-elect “was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election.”

25 % in FCT

Because Tinubu was declared winner of the election without securing 25% in the FCT, Obi, and the Labour Party want the tribunal to determine “that the 2nd Respondent (Tinubu) having failed to score one-quarter of the votes cast at the Presidential Election in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, was not entitled to be declared and returned as the winner of the presidential election held on 25 February 2023.”

Election Cancellation

Obi and his Party also prayed the court to order the cancellation of the February 25 presidential election.

Fresh Election

In addition to the cancellation of the election, the LP candidate asked the court to compel INEC to conduct a fresh election.

Fresh election without Tinubu/Shettima

Obi prayed the tribunal to make an order that will ensure Tinubu and his running mate, Shettima do not participate in the fresh election.

Election disputes take months to be resolved in Nigeria, despite the constitution stipulating that they should be concluded, where possible before a candidate is sworn into office.

This year’s election was the tightest presidential race since the end of military rule in 1999, but international observers said it lacked transparency and there were operational failures.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

Court Adjourns Fayose’s Trial On Alleged N6.9bn Fraud Till May 8

Next Post

BREAKING: Atiku Goes To Presidential Tribunal To Nullify Tinubu’s Victory

Next Post
Presidential Tribunal

BREAKING: Atiku Goes To Presidential Tribunal To Nullify Tinubu’s Victory

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Presidential Election Tribunal

Certified True Copies Of Peter Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu At Presidential Election Tribunal

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria