ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, May 23, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Crime Watch

BREAKING: Oba Otudeko Flees Nigeria Amid Fraud Allegations

Obafemi Otudeko, his son, did not respond to calls and messages when contacted for comments on his father’s whereabouts and destination.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
January 17, 2025
in Crime Watch, Headline
0
Oba Otudeko

Oba Otudeko

Oba Otudeko has fled Nigeria amid fraud allegations.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that Oba Otudeko, a former chairman of the First Bank of Nigeria (FBN), has suddenly left Nigeria.

 

According to The Cable, his departure comes in the wake of his imminent arraignment by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on a 13-count charge of alleged fraud.

 

ALSO: Oba Otudeko Breaks Silence On Role Amidst FBN, GHL Dispute

 

The businessman left the country via one of the land borders.

 

According to security sources, he was dropped off at the Nigeria-Benin border on Thursday evening by a family member.

 

When TheCable reached out to Otudeko, his phone number was switched off. Messages sent to his WhatsApp, however, delivered — but there was no response.

 

Obafemi Otudeko, his son, did not respond to calls and messages when contacted for comments on his father’s whereabouts and destination.

 

Earlier on Thursday, the EFCC filed charges against Otudeko and three others at the federal high court in Lagos for allegedly obtaining a N30 billion loan under false pretences. The anti-graft agency said the defendants would be arraigned on Monday.

 

The three other defendants are Stephen Olabisi Onasanya, a former group managing director of FBN; Soji Akintayo, an ex-board member of Honeywell Flour Mills plc; and Anchorage Limited, a company linked to Otudeko.

 

In the charge sheet seen by TheCable, the EFCC accused Otudeko and the other defendants of obtaining tranches of loans—N12.3 billion, N5.2 billion, N6.2 billion, N6.1 billion, and N1.5 billion—from First Bank under the pretence that the funds were obtained by some firms.

 

The anti-graft agency said the credit facilities were obtained between 2013 and 2014.

 

Otudeko — in a statement issued on Thursday by Olasumbo Abolaji, general counsel of Honeywell Group — refuted the allegations made against him, adding that he was yet to receive any official invitation to the effect.

 

Otudeko said he has never served in an executive capacity within FBN Holdings and its banking subsidiary, First Bank of Nigeria Limited — hence he had no operational responsibility in the organisation.

 

“In light of recent news reports, Dr. Oba Otudeko categorically refutes the claims concerning his role in FBN Holdings and will aggressively defend his reputation,” the statement reads.

 

“Dr Oba Otudeko is a builder and one of Nigeria’s foremost investors and industrialists. He has built directly from scratch and has worked with others to build many of Nigeria’s most successful companies. This includes FBNHoldings, where he served as a director (then Chairman) from 1997 to 2021 and was instrumental in supporting the transformation of the bank from an old generation bank to its current leadership role as a pan-African financial services holding company.

 

“As of this moment, he has received no official summons, neither has his legal team received any official invitation from relevant authorities. As he has done in the past, Dr Oba Otudeko is always ready and available to assist any government agency with appropriate oversight in the execution of their duties, with the expectation that these affairs will be conducted with the highest standard of professionalism.

 

“At 81, after 5 decades of contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s economy, Dr Oba Otudeko is now focused on mentoring the next generation of business leaders and contributing to the positive development of society through enterprise.

 

“He is not interested in serving in an executive capacity in any organization in Nigeria or elsewhere, neither is he interested in serving in a non-executive capacity on any board asides those he currently sits on. This includes any possibility of returning to the board of FBN Holdings Plc, which appears to be the focus of the recent unfortunate news barrage. FBN Holdings, a legacy institution built over 130 years, holds a special place in Dr. Otudeko’s heart. He trusts this strong foundation to guide the institution into the next era of success.

 

“Dr. Oba Otudeko is confident that the truth will prevail in due course and looks forward to addressing these claims in the appropriate forum.”

Previous Post

Open Heaven 17th January 2025 RCCG Daily Devotional – Don’t Outgrow Corrections

Next Post

Governor Oborevwori Speaks On Dumping PDP Amid Romance With Tinubu

Next Post
Governor Oborevwori

Governor Oborevwori Speaks On Dumping PDP Amid Romance With Tinubu

Trending Stories

INEC 2027 Election Timetable

BREAKING: Court Nullifies INEC 2027 Election Timetable, Opens Fresh Hope for Disqualified Aspirants

Caleb University Female Student Leaked Sextape Goes Viral, Sparks Social Media Frenzy (Watch Here)

Oba Otudeko

BREAKING: Oba Otudeko Flees Nigeria Amid Fraud Allegations

CAC

CAC Login Portal for Fee Business Registration – www.pre.cac.gov.ng

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape

Tiwa Savage Sex Tape Resurfaces Online After US Interview (WATCH HERE)

Watch Viral Sex Video of Anambra Married Woman

Watch Viral Sex Video Of Anambra Married Woman With Husband’s Best Friend

Balthazar Video Telegram

Direct Link To Watch All Baltasar Engonga 400 Videos With Government Officials Wives

Balthazar Wife Video

Another Balthazar Wife Video Breaks Internet (WATCH HERE)

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

Latest Stories

Religious Nation, Godless Action

Religious Nation, Godless Actions: Nigeria’s Painful Contradiction By Festus Edovia

Democracy in Chains

Democracy in Chains: How Power Imposition Is Replacing the People’s Voice in Nigeria

Festus Edovia

Politics as Big Business: The Dangerous Decline of Public Service in Nigeria By Festus Edovia

JTAH Foundation

“Men, Why the Silence?” JTAH Foundation Sets Agenda on Masculinity, Vulnerability, Relationship Breakdown

Kogi APC Primary Controversy

Kogi APC Primary Controversy: Alleged Vote Rigging Raises Fresh Questions About Internal Democracy

Peter Obi, Atiku Rift Speculations

Peter Obi, Atiku Rift Speculations False, Says Former Anambra Governor Amid 2027 Politics

Ganduje

Ganduje’s Son Joins NDC, Picks House of Reps Form After Aligning With Kwankwaso

Lagos APC Governorship Primary Results

Hamzat Presents Lagos APC Governorship Primary Results to Tinubu

AEDC

AEDC Announces Major Power Outage in Abuja, Presidential Villa, Supreme Court, Airport

APC Presidential Primary

BREAKING: Tinubu Secures Landslide Victory in APC Presidential Primary in Lagos Ward

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria