ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Economy And Business

BREAKING: NLC Suspends Planned Nationwide Tariff Hike Protest

Comrade Joe Ajaero said that the union will wait till the outcome of the Committee to determine its next line of action.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
February 4, 2025
in Economy And Business, Headline
0
NLC

NLC has suspended the planned nationwide tariff hike protest.

 

NewsOnline Nigeria reports that the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its proposed protest over the 50 per cent increase in telecommunication tariff.

 

The decision was taken after the labour union met with the delegation from the Federal government led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, George Akume, on Monday.

 

ALSO: Fresh Details Emerge On PDP Governors Set To Join APC Ahead Of 2027 Election (VIDEO)

 

According to a statement signed by the Director, Information & Public Relations in the office of the SGF, Seguin Imohiosen, the meeting was aimed to maintain industrial harmony and to also protect the interest of Nigerians.

 

He said that the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, who spoke on behalf of the Federal Government, said that the purpose of the meeting was to look into the study carried out by the NCC which led to the 50 percent increment on telecommunications tariff.

 

After extensive deliberation, the two bodies agreed to set up a 10-man Committee comprising five members from the Federal Government and five from the NLC to review the study and submit its report within two weeks.

 

“So, the summary of it is that Labour and the Nigerian Labour Congress specifically and the delegation of the federal government have set up a committee of five each. We are going to meet here continuously for the next two weeks. And at the end of the second week, we will now come up with a recommendation that we will give to government and the organised Labour for final consideration”, he said.

 

The NLC president, Comrade Joe Ajaero said that the union will wait till the outcome of the Committee to determine its next line of action.

 

Present at the meeting were Minister Communication and Digital Economy, Bosun Tijanni, Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun, the Executive Vice Chairman (EVC) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Dr. Aminu Maida, Minister of Labour and Employment, Alhaji Mohammed Maigari Dingyadi, Minister of Budget and National Planning,Atiku Bagudu, National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, among others.

 

The NLC had on Wednesday last week declared that it will embark on a nationwide mass rally on Tuesday February 4, 2025, in protest of the 50 per cent telecom tariff increase recently approved by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

 

The NLC said the rally will serve as a warning on the dangers of imposing such an unfair increase on a struggling population earning a minimum wage of only ₦70,000; a population that has suffered outrageous hike in the price of petrol, high cost of food, hike in electricity tariff and general rising inflation.

Previous Post

Fresh Details Emerge On PDP Governors Set To Join APC Ahead Of 2027 Election (VIDEO)

Next Post

BREAKING: FG Approves ₦4.5 Billion HIV Treatment Fund Amid Trump’s Policies

Next Post
Meta, Google, X, AI Platforms

BREAKING: FG Approves ₦4.5 Billion HIV Treatment Fund Amid Trump’s Policies

Trending Stories

NLC

BREAKING: NLC Suspends Planned Nationwide Tariff Hike Protest

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man

Watch Full Baltasar Engonga Wife Video Knacking Another Man [#BaltasarEngonga]

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

José Mourinho

José Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid, Signs Three-Year Contract Until 2029

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

$5 Billion UAE Financing Deal

Tinubu Government Secures $1.5 Billion From $5 Billion UAE Financing Deal to Refinance Debt

JAMB E-Facility Login Details

JAMB Results Checker 2023 Portal Now Active Check 2023 JAMB Results Now

Oreofeoluwa Lawal Babalola Biography

Oreofeoluwa Lawal Babalola Biography, The Viral ‘Mummy Calm Down’ Boy

Latest Stories

Zenith Bank

Zenith Bank Hosts 10th Non-Oil Export Seminar August 25, Unveils Global Speakers

US Judge

BREAKING: US Judge Sets August 21 Deadline in Tinubu Records FOIA Case

FCT Minister Wike

FCT Minister Wike Reveals Why Adeleke Won Osun Governorship Election

José Mourinho

José Mourinho Returns to Real Madrid, Signs Three-Year Contract Until 2029

Zoho Executive

Zoho Executive Identifies Five Structural Shifts Nigerian Businesses Need to Scale

OMO Market

CBN Reopens OMO Market to Nigerians: Will 20% Yields Draw Investors Away From NGX?

FG ₦50m Loan to Build

How To Apply For FG ₦50m Loan to Build, Buy House at 6% Interest

2026 Osun Governorship Election

How Adeleke Defeated APC Federal Might to Win 2026 Osun Governorship Election

2026 Osun Governorship Election

BREAKING: INEC Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Adeleke

BREAKING: Adeleke Coasts To Victory In Osun Governorship Election (Live Results)

NewsOnline 2026

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2026 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria