ADVERTISEMENT
  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Saturday, August 30, 2025
NewsOnline Nigeria
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
NewsOnline Nigeria
No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
ADVERTISEMENT
Home Headline

BREAKING: INEC Speaks On Alleged Rigging Of Presidential Election For APC

INEC claimed the allegation by the collation agent of the PDP, Dino Melaye, that the INEC Chairman allocated scores to parties is unfounded and irresponsible.

by NewsOnline Nigeria
February 28, 2023
in Headline, Crime Watch
0
Mahmood Yakubu

Mahmood Yakubu

INEC has debunked the alleged rigging of the presidential election for APC.

 

NewsOnline reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has reacted to calls by the Labour Party and the Peoples Democratic Democratic Party asking the INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu to resign.

 

The Commission described the call as misplaced.

 

INEC claimed the allegation by the collation agent of the PDP, Dino Melaye, that the INEC Chairman allocated scores to parties is unfounded and irresponsible.

 

ALSO: 2023 Presidential Election Results Announced By INEC From 36 States, FCT (Live Updates)

 

The Commission said contrary to the insinuation by both parties, results emanating from the states point to a free, fair, and credible process.

 

“There are laid down procedures for aggrieved parties or candidates to follow when they are dissatisfied about the outcome of an election. Such procedures do not include calling on the INEC Chairman to resign or for the election to be cancelled,” the Commission said in a statement signed by Chief Press Secretary, Rotimi Oyekonmi.

“To be sure, aggrieved parties are free to approach the courts to ventilate their concerns and wait for the matter to be resolved. Making inciting comments capable of causing violence or unrest is unacceptable.

“The 2023 general election processes are in their final stages of completion. It is only fair for aggrieved parties to allow the conclusion of the process and approach the courts with their evidence to pursue their cases,” it said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Previous Post

BREAKING: Bola Tinubu Leads Atiku, Obi As INEC Declares 20 States So Far

Next Post

Peter Obi Winning FCT Raises Questions About Possible Runoff

Next Post
Peter Obi

Peter Obi Winning FCT Raises Questions About Possible Runoff

Trending Stories

El-Rufai

El-Rufai Rules Out 2027 Presidential Bid Under ADC, Names Candidate To Support

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

Balthazar Video Telegram

Balthazar Video Telegram: Watch All 400 Balthazar Engonga Sex Tapes Here

NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari

BREAKING: NNPCL GCEO Bayo Ojulari Raises Alarm Over Threats to Life, Management Team

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Nigeria Immigration Service

BREAKING: Nigeria Immigration Service Hikes Passport Application Fees

Mahmood Yakubu

BREAKING: INEC Speaks On Alleged Rigging Of Presidential Election For APC

Amaechi

Amaechi Declares 2027 Presidential Ambition Under ADC, Vows Not to Step Down For Atiku, Obi

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike New GMD/CEO Amid Boardroom Tension

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Latest Stories

FirstBank

FirstBank’s ₦1 Trillion Digital Loan Disbursement Milestone And The New Era Of Inclusive Lending In Nigeria

Jonathan, Peter Obi

BREAKING: PDP Names Jonathan, Peter Obi Among 2027 Presidential Contenders

Service Chiefs

BREAKING: FG Approves Lifetime Salary Benefits for Retiring Service Chiefs

GCEO Ojulari

NNPC Under Attack, But Transformation Will Continue – GCEO Ojulari

ASUU

FG Denies Signing 2009 Draft Agreement Document With ASUU

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari

NNPC CEO Bayo Ojulari Confirms ₦500m Monthly Losses in Non-Functional Refineries

Rapper Falz

Rapper Falz Announces Engagement, Shares Pre-Wedding Photos

Peter Obi

Peter Obi Condemns Hike in International Passport Fees

Innocent Ike

Access Holdings Names Innocent Ike as Group CEO, Bolaji Agbede Reverts to Executive Director Role

Zoho

Zoho Unveils Proprietary Zia LLM, Expands AI Suite with Agents and Studio Tools

ADVERTISEMENT

NEWSONLINE NIGERIA

Get the Latest Naija News, Breaking News, Top Stories, World News, Business, Politics & Entertainment from NewsOnline Nigeria.

RELEVANT PAGES

  • About Us
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

ALERT US

Important Press Releases, Special Investigations: admin@newsonlineng.com

OFFICE ADDRESS

13 Poland Street, London, United Kingdom (UK)

Copyright © 2025 NewsOnline Nigeria

No Result
View All Result
  • Headlines
  • Top Stories
  • Politics
  • Crime Watch
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Copyright © 2023 Newsonline Nigeria